Chapter 31

By the time we make it to New York, the security tape footage from the gas station has leaked.

Speculation of the tape has spread across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

As we enter the city, Loki and I sit at the table, scrolling through our phones.

Finally, Loki asks "What photo are you using?"

I turn my phone to him to show him a photo of us, stuffing our face with Pho.

Noodles hang out of our mouths as we look up. In the photo, Hela told us to look up, so we're caught off guard.

We look high, mainly because we were. It was after a show in Boulder, Colorado.

He smiles at that "I'm going to use that one." He quickly selects it, before asking "What are you captioning?"

I read off "For the past four and a half years, Loki and I have kept our relationship a secret, from everyone but our closest friends. We hid it, because our whole lives are under a microscope. Yes, we have secrets that nobody else knows, but that was our past. Our relationship is our past, present, and future. And every argument we may have, and there's a lot, we knew that the public would hold it under billions of microscopes, each forming their own conclusions. That's what fame is, and that's why we hid it. But I don't want to hide it anymore. I want to be able to kiss my boyfriend when we're out in public. So yeah, get used to it, because we're not stopping."

Loki smiles, before leaning into me and reading as he types "There's speculation that Thor and I are in a relationship, and I'm announcing that this accusation is true. Since late-August of 2009, Thor and I have been a thing. It wasn't until mid-November of 2009 that we decided that we work better together, than apart. And since then, I've called Thor my boyfriend. Despite the daily arguments, we've never gone to bed angry at one another. He's the first person I've ever loved, or that's ever loved me. And despite him constantly getting on my nerves, I couldn't handle parting with him. I'm tired of hiding behind closed doors. Waiting to be out of the public eye, before I do something as simple as hug him. It's well past time to open up about the situation."

He looks up to me, before declaring "I'm tagging you." I hum as I tag him in my photo.

"Ready?" I ask and he nods, before I count off "3...2...1...post!" In unison, we through our phones down, and watch as notifications roll in.

~

As we walk onto the stage in New York, there's chanting "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

Loki looks my way, asking with a glance. I smile, before charging towards him, grabbing his waist and slamming my lips to his.

He gives a surprised whimper, before kissing me back. As they cheer, I break away and turn to the microphone and declare "Believe it or not, I bottom more than he does."

The crowd cheers again, before I turn back to Loki "Are you okay?" I speak of the fact that he seized out about an hour ago.

When he nods, I give him a soft kiss, before he tells me "I love you."

I smile at him "I love you, too."

He narrows his gaze at me, before ordering "Get your arse behind that drumset."

Obediently, I stroll over to my drumset.

~

When we get to Trenton, we set up for our last show. Right before we walk on stage, I walk out of the changing room to tell Loki "Fin is barking in his cage."

He leans against a railing, before declaring "He hates the cage. He's fine."

I nod, before leaning next to him "You good?" He nods, before I declare "You seem a bit lucid, today."

He shakes his head, before looking at me, tiredly "You know what being on tour is like. It's draining."

I pat his back "After tonight, we don't have to do a single thing, but relax. I'll give you a nice massage."

He gives a weak smile "That sounds amazing." I nod, before Kork comes through with our earpieces.

As Loki plunges his into his ear. He looks to me, before Heimdall and Hela walk out of the changing room "Fin is losing his shit in there." Hela states.

Heimdall declares "He's scratching the cage door."

Loki shrugs it off "He's been acting weird all day. I think he's just home sick."

He motions towards the stage "Let's get this done with."

As we march onto the stage, the audience cheers. The openers weren't great, but whatever.

About halfway through Look at me Now, Motherfuckers!, Loki just stops singing.

When I look up from my drumset, I find he's completely lobotomized. I lean forward into my dead mic and ask "Loki, are you alright?"

As he stands there, Heimdall and Hela cross over towards Loki. Before they could reach him, he drops.

In an instant, I leap over my drumset. Hela and Heimdall help him down safely.

As he starts screaming out, I notice that the microphone is still on. I grab it and toss it across the stage.

As the medics pull a gurney up onto the stage, the man asks "Is he an epilepticm?"

I nod, with a whiny cry "Yeah." He's already pissed himself, and he's still screaming his head off. His back arches so sharply that it looks like he's possessed.

The female paramedic stares down at her watch as the male paramedic kneels next to Loki.

Hela disappears as the female paramedic declares "We're running on three minutes here."

When Hela returns with Fin, we sit by his side as Loki screams out in despair.

As his back flattens out, and he slides into the foaming-at-the-mouth, uncontrollable-limb-movement, phase of the seizure.

The female paramedic declares "He's going to have to go to the hospital." As the male paramedic rolls him over.

They lift him onto the stretcher and we follow as they wheel him out.