Chapter 23

Loki continues avoiding me, for the next couple of weeks. But when we get to Chicago, he's forced to speak to me.

In Chicago, we got a hotel room. We had to share a bed, and I woke up to him moving the hair out of my face.

When I come to, he whispers "We need to talk." I give a tired yawn, before quietly rolling out of bed and getting dressed.

After we sneak out of the room, I ask him "What do you want to talk about?"

He presses his lips into a fine line as he leads me down to the banquette hall.

They blocked out the banquette hall for our four bands. We're supposed to eat and practice in there. Valkyrie and Kork are supposed to guide us, but we're kind of breaking the rules.

As we stand in the maintenance elevator, Loki declares "We need to stop this."

I furrow my brow and ask "Stop what?" As I play dumb, I can feel my stomach sink.

He gives me a knowing look, before sighing "We can't fuck anymore, Thor."

Without a word, I nod and look straight ahead of me. After a minute, I remark "It was fun."

Loki nods, shortly, as he stairs straight ahead "It was very fun." He confirms, before clearing his throat.

I furrow my brow "Then why are we ending it?" He sighs, before I give a passive aggressive chuckle "What, do you like someone el-"

"Thor!" He cuts me off, sternly, before glancing my way, with a gaze like daggers.

I scoff, before asking "Who?" He takes in a deep breath and I furrow my brow "Loki, who?"

He quickly slams on the stop button and the elevator comes to a screeching halt.

When he turns to me, I feel like I might be his next kill "Someone else?" He asks.

I cock my eyebrow to him and he looks towards the door as he wipes his upper lip and scoffs. When he looks to me, my mouth goes dry.

Finally he waves his head at my abdomen "Let's get one thing perfectly straight, Thor." He speaks in an annoyed tone "I never liked you."

He takes a deep breath, before shaking his head, lightly "All you were to me, was a damn good fuck."

I press my lips into a fine line, before he continues "And I'm not doing this, because I like someone else, okay?"

I frown in confusion "Then why would we stop fucking? We're just friends with benefits."

He shakes his head "No, we're not." I give a confused look and he shrugs "I can't fucking stand you, Thor."

"You can't stand me?" I ask and he sighs "Loki, you've practically crawled into my lap, every night we've been on tour!"

He shrugs, before insisting "I can't forgive you, for the shit your friends put me through, in high school."

I hum, before he clarifies "I tried, but I just can't." he takes a deep breath, before nodding "I'm going to fuck other people."

I furrow my brow "You haven't, this whole time?" He shakes his head and I declare "I thought you were."

He shrugs, before asking "Were you?" When I shake my head, he scoffs, before restarting the elevator.

~

About an hour later, Heimdall and Hela stroll into the banquette hall. Loki recently helped Hela pick her dreads, so that she could throughly wash her naturally straight hair, and get rid of the dead hair.

When they get their food, Hela sits next to Loki, and Heimdall sits between Loki and I.

As they eat, the door opens and two dudes walk Carol Danvers in. Under the table, I nudge Hela and she gives a confused look "What?"

I clear my throat as Danvers walks right past her, looking her over along the way.

When Carol starts piling food onto her plate at the buffet, I motion towards it and Hela hisses "Why didn't you tell me it was Carol fucking Danvers?"

I furrow my brow as Carol comes walking up to our table. Hela instantly shields her face as Carol stops in front of us.

She gives an amused look, before asking "Can I sit here?" I nod, before she takes a seat.

When she does, Heimdall snickers "You must excuse her, she's not herself until the caffeine kicks in."

Carol hums, before taking a sip of hers "I'm not myself until I have a pot of coffee."

Loki scoffs "She often threatens us with the coffee pot, if she doesn't get the first cup."

Carol gives Hela a pleased look "Hey, you."

Hela scoffs at her "You don't even know my name, do you?"

Carol shrugs "Of course I do. It's short, sweet, and easy to moan." she smirks, as Hela smiles through a blush.

Carol thinks for a second "I thought you had dreads?"

Hela motions towards Loki "I picked them out, temporarily, so I could get rid of the dead hair."

Carol nods, before shrugging "Your hair is so beautiful that you would look good, any way you style it. You're very gorgeous."

Hela blushes, before declaring "I like your new hairstyle, by the way. You look marvelous."

Carol licks her lips, cockily, before looking Hela over. She stops when her phone buzzes.

She picks up her phone and sighs "My apologizes. I have a wardrobe fitting for tonight's show."

When she stands, she looks over us "I'll see you guys at rehearsal?" We nod.

She looks to Hela and smirks "For the record, I've known your name for almost a year."

She moves a piece of hair out of Hela's face and raises her coffee to her lips, causing Hela to smirk "Oh yeah? What is it then?"

Carol hums, before declaring "Helen Hecate Odindottor. Hela for short, sweet, and easy to moan."

Hela takes in a shakey breath, before Carol strolls off with a smile on her face.

When she's gone, Hela buries her face in her hands "I think I just had a miniature orgasm."