Old Friends

Alex was sitting on her bed holding the picture of Hopper. She had a pen and a notebook next to her. Her door was closed and she was wearing a blindfold and had static playing to help her focus. She took off the blindfold. Alex picked up the notebook and pen and wrote "locked in a small room russian guards passing". Alex sighed. She was about to try again when she heard Steve. "Alex! Phone!" Steve yelled. Alex put everything away and ran downstairs. "Who is it?" Alex asked. "Mike." Steve said. Alex got the phone. "Hello." Alex said. "Hey." Mike said. "What's up?" Alex asked. "Um the party is at my house and we were wondering if you wanted to come for a while, you know, before you steal Cerebro to talk to El, again." Mike said. Alex smiled. "I'll ask Steve and you act like i call her every day." Alex said. "That's cuz you do at exactly 5." Mike said. "Whatever. Now you gonna let me ask Steve or not?" Alex said. "Oh yeah right." Mike said. "Steve!" Alex yelled. "What?" Steve asked. "Can I go to Mike's house?" Alex asked. "Is it just you two or are the others there too?" Steve asked. "The others are there too." Alex said. Steve thought for a second. "Okay you can go but 5 inches apart at all times." Steve said. Alex rolled her eyes. "Fine." Alex said. "He said I could go but I have to stay 5 inches away from you." Alex said. "I feel like he hates me now that i'm your boyfriend." Mike said. Alex smiled. "He's just being protective. Anyways, I'll see you in a couple minutes." Alex said. "K bye." Mike said. "Bye." Alex said. She hung up. "You want me to take you now?" Steve asked. "In a minute I just have to... do something." Alex said. "Okay?" Steve said confused. Alex went to her room and closed the door. Alex started having a flashback. Alex was walking down the hall with Brenner. They walked into a room. Alex saw a boy sitting on the bed. Brenner closed the door and Alex jumped. The boy turned to look at her. Brenner was watching them. The boy got up nervously. Alex showed him her number. He showed her his, 002. Brenner spoke into a microphone. "Make physical contact." Brenner said. Alex and the boy looked at each other. "What's your real name?" Alex asked whispering. "Jason." Jason whispered. "You can trust me." Alex said. Jason nodded. They grabbed each other's hand. All of a sudden the ground started shaking. They started hearing thunder and a tornado  was forming around them. They let go and everything stopped. "How is this possible?" a scientist asked. "You're our two most strongest when they made contact, their powers combined." Brenner said. "Alex." Steve said. "Alex!" Steve yelled. Alex snapped out of her thoughts. "Huh?" Alex asked. "Time to go." Steve said. "Oh right." Alex said. Alex got in Steve's car. "You sure you're okay?" Steve asked. "Mhm. i was just thinking about the lab." Alex said. "Hey. that is over they can't get you anymore." Steve said. "I know but can't help but think about it." Alex said. Steve nodded. They arrived to Mike's house. "Bye." Alex said. "5 inches!" Steve yelled. Alex closed the car door and Steve drove off. Alex walked to the front door and knocked. Max opened the door. "Hey." Max said. "Hi." Alex said. Max and Alex hugged. Mike came. "What took you so long?" Mike asked. "Mom had me doing chores before i could leave the house." Alex said. Mike nodded. "Alex is here!" Max yelled. Alex covered her ears. "Sorry." Max said. "It's fine." Alex said. "They're in the basement." Max said. Alex nodded. Mike put his arm around Alex. Max went downstairs. "What were you really doing?" Mike asked. Alex sighed. "I had a friend. Back at the lab. We could combine our powers. I haven't seen him in a long time. I don't know I guess I just miss him." Alex said. "Your friend was a guy?" Mike asked. Alex nodded. "You don't like, like him, do you?" Mike asked. Alex smiled. "I only love you." Alex said. Mike smiled and kissed her. "Come on." Mike said. Alex smiled and they went to the basement. "Woah we almost forgot what you looked like." Lucas said. Alex smiled. "I know I'm sorry." Alex said hugging Lucas. Dustin hugged Alex. "what were you guys doing?" Alex asked. "Playing d&d." Dustin said. "d&d? Dungeons and dragons?" Alex asked. "Yeah. how did you know that?" Lucas asked. "Will mentioned it before." Alex said. They nodded. Mike sat down and Alex put her head on his shoulder. Alex watched them play for awhile. She looked at the clock. "Oh I have to go." Alex said. "Bye." Max, Dustin and Lucas said. "Bye." Alex said. Alex ran upstairs and Mike went after her. Alex was about to go out the door. "Wait." Mike said. Alex turned around. "Mike I need to go." Alex said. "I know." Mike said. He put a hand on Alex's cheek and kissed her. "Be. Careful." Mike said. Alex nodded. Mike hugged her and kissed her forehead. He let go. "Bye." Alex said. "Bye. I'll call you after school tomorrow, okay?" Mike said. "Ok." Alex said. Alex walked out the door and ran to where cerebro was. Alex sat down. "Hello? El, do you copy?" Alex asked. "I copy." El said. "How's your new house been?" Alex asked. "Good. I really miss you and the others though." El said. "We miss you too. When can you and will come visit?" Alex asked. "Joyce said maybe next week." El said. Alex smiled. "How are you and Mike?" El asked. "Great but sad thing is he has school tomorrow." Alex said. "At least you and me don't have school and we can have more time to talk." El said. Alex smiled. "Yeah, hey, El?" Alex said. "Yes?" El asked. "Do you know a boy with the number 002?" Alex asked. "No, why?" El said. "No reason just asking." Alex said. They talked for 30 more minutes. "I have to go. I have to be home at 6." Alex said. "Ok. can you talk tomorrow at 2-5-9?" El asked. "Sure. bye." Alex said. "Bye." El said. Alex ran back home. She opened the door and mom was making dinner, Steve was in his room and dad was fixing a radio. "Hi." Alex said. "Hi, you have a good time with your friends?" dad asked. "Yeah." Alex said. "Sweetie, call Steve please tell him the food is ready." Mom said. Alex nodded and went upstairs. "Steve, foods ready." Alex said opening the door. "Coming." Steve said. They walked downstairs and ate. Alex went to her room and went to sleep.