Run Boy Run

"We survived on scraps. Canned food, cockroaches, anything we could find. You know that rumor that twinkies have an endless shelf life? Well, it's total bullshit." 5 said. Alex was still looking around but she was still listening. "I can't imagine." Vanya said. "You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die. So we adapted. Whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it. You got anything stronger?" 5 said. Alex looked at him confused. Vanya got up and poured him something. "You think I'm crazy." 5 said. "No. It's just... it's a lot to take in. Exactly what don't you understand?" 5 said. "Why didn't you just time travel back?" Vanya asked. "Gee, wish I'd thought of that. Time travel is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and never acorn-ed." 5 said. Alex looked even more confused. "You think I didn't try everything to get back to my family?" 5 asked. "If you grew old there, you know, in the apocalypse, how come you and her still look like kids?" Vanya asked. Alex looked up. "I told you already. I must have got the equations wrong." 5 said. "I mean, Dad always used to say that... time travel could mess up your mind. Well, maybe that's what's happening?" Vanya said. "This was a mistake. You're too young... too naive to understand. Alex let's go." 5 said. Alex stood up. "No. Five... Five, wait." Vanya said. 5 was about to walk out the door. Alex teleported in front of him. She stopped him. "Just listen to her." Alex whispered. 5 looked at her and sighed. "Fine." 5 whispered. He turned around. "I haven't seen you in a long time, and I don't want to lose you again. That's all. And you know what, it's getting late, and... I have lessons early, and I need to sleep, and I'm sure you two do, too. Here." Vanya said. She set up the couches for them. 5 looked at her. "We'll talk in the morning again. Okay? I promise. Night." Vanya said. "Night." 5 and Alex said. Alex and 5 sat down. 5 pulled out something from his pocket. "What is that?" Alex asked. He opened it and it was a glass eye. He turned it around and it had words printed on the back. It said Meritech. 5 thought for a second. "Come on." 5 said. "Where are we going?" Alex asked. "You'll see." 5 said. Alex sighed and they left. "You can find a place right?" 5 asked. "Yeah." Alex said. "See if you can find the address for meritech headquarters." 5 said. Alex nodded they were went into one of the hallway bathrooms. "I need it quiet." Alex said. 5 nodded. He locked the doors. Alex closed her eyes and started looking. She opened her eyes and gasped. "You okay?" 5 said kneeling down to check on her. Alex nodded. "I found it." Alex said. They walked out the bathroom and went to the headquarters. Alex teleported them near it so they didn't have to walk that much. They got there and went in. 5 grabbed Alex's hand. 5 started looking around. "Uh, can I help you?" A doctor asked. Alex and 5 turned around. "We need to know who this belongs to." 5 said showing him the eye. "Where did you get that?" the doctor asked. "What do you care?" 5 asked. Alex squeezed his hand a little. He closed his eyes and looked at the eye. "We... we found it... at a playground, actually. Uh, must have just..." 5 said. He clicked his tongue. "Popped out. We wanna return it to its rightful owner." 5 said.  "Oh... how thoughtful." A lady said. "Yeah. Look up the name for me, will ya?" 5 said. Alex squeezed his hand again. He looked at her. She glared at him. He looked back at the doctor. "Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you-" The doctor started. "Yeah, I know what it means." 5 said. "But I'll tell you what I can do. I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just-" The Doctor started. "Yeah, you're not touching this eye." 5 said. "Now, you listen here, young man-" The doctor started. 5 let go of Alex's hand and grabbed the doctor. "5!" Alex said. "No! You listen to me, asshole. I've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even couldn't even comprehend," 5 said. "5 stop." Alex said. "So just give me the information I need, and I'll be on my merry way." 5 said. Alex rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "And if you call me "young man" one more time, I'm gonna put your head through that damn wall." 5 said. "Okay, that's enough." Alex said. She pulled 5 away from the doctor. "Call security." The doctor said. "Yeah." The lady said. "Let's just, hey let's just go." Alex said. 5 looked at the doctor mad as Alex grabbed his hand and they left. "I can't believe I dated you." Alex said as they walked out the headquarters. 5 looked at her. "Well you did." 5 said. Alex shook her head and they headed back to the umbrella academy. They were in 5's room. "I'll be back I have to get Klaus." 5 said. Alex nodded. All of a sudden Alex's head started hurting. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!" Dustin said. "Stop talking!" Max said. "There are hundreds of demo dogs out there." Lucas said. "We're gonna die." The losers said. "Shut up we're not dying." Steve said. "I think we are. Adrian doesn't know how to do what Alex did. We can't find the gate. Jason doesn't know either. So we can't possibly make it." Eddie said. "That's for the support." Adrian said. "She's right no one is stronger than Alex." Jason said. Dustin and Jason looked at Steve mad. "We can try to hold them off." Richie said. "Mike?" Will asked. "What?" Mike asked. "It's been two years. I don't think she alive." Will said. "Are you seriously going to do this right now!?" Mike asked. "Guys! Just stop!" Ben said. "We have to help El." Max said.  Alex woke up with 5 by her side. "Are you okay? What happened?" 5 asked. "My friends... there's in trouble." Alex said. 5 looked at her and sighed. "Go." 5 said. "What?" Alex asked. "They need you more than I do." 5 said. "But I told you I would help." Alex said. "I'll be fine. I'll find someone else. Go save your friends." 5 said. Alex hugged him. "I'll take you back." 5 said. "What do you mean?" Alex said. "I time traveled back to get you." 5 said. "Come on." 5 said. Alex grabbed his hand and they time traveled back to Alex's time. "If I don't find a way to stop the apocalypse then I'll see you in the future." 5 said. Alex smiled. He time traveled back to his time. Alex sat down and looked for them. They were in Hoppers cabin. It was surround by demo dogs. Alex's eyes opened and she went out the house. She teleported in front of the demo dogs. They all turned to her and started running towards her. Alex used her super speed to trap them in a tornado. Alex then lifted all of them in the fire and burned them. There was screeching. "What's going on?" Jason asked. "I don't know." Mike said. They listened very carefully. Alex put them back down. She saw one demo dog running to the window. Alex ran to it and they both broke through the window. The others screamed. The demo dog got on top of Alex. All of a sudden Alex made a knife appear in her hand. It was a new power. She stabbed the demo dog and pushed it off. The demo dog screeched. Alex kneeled down next to it and snapped it neck. Alex got up breathing heavily.