Darkness shall rise

Season 2, episode 1.

Words: 2,8K

Warnings: None

The ninja are helping everyone rebuilding the city. Cole, Jay and Zane are putting a sign back in it's place and Y/n and Kai are standing next to them.

"Ugh, finally. All fixed up and serpentine free." Cole spoke, as Kai tries to use his elemental powers, but fails. "Aargh. Ugh, this is frustrating." He groans and Y/n chuckled. 

The sign the others were holding fell as Kai continued, "Our weapons are gone and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do spinjitzu, but..." He grunts as he tries again. "I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the devourer, our tank's out of commission, our dragon's hurt, and now the bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep." Kai rambled.

"My elemental powers are perfectly fine." Y/n said as she used them to pick up the sign again. Cole and Jay catched it, but a few seconds later it fell again, "Guys!" She groaned and repeated her previous action. But this time, Cole and Jay didn't let it fall. 

"No one ever said being a hero is easy. Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways." Zane informed as he fixed the pole again, making it stand without anyone holding it.

"Yeah, well, I don't feel rich." Kai grunted and kicked a stone away.

"Ugh. I for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Uh, speaking of which, anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help." Jay asked and Nya showed up on a motorbike, with Wu sitting next to her.

"And I have. I may have found us a place to live."

Jay gasped, "Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?" 

"I know a guy, who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift." Nya hands him a pamphlet.

"And where are you off to?"

"We have to find a couple of components to fix the Ninja tank. And my dragon ointment has finally arrived. It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying again. Also, I love scenic drives. Haha, punch it, Nya!" Sensei said and they drove away.

"Patty keys, Real Estate Queen..." Jay informed. "Huh, this is exactly what we need. Once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd."

"Good, 'cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks. And let's not forget, the Serpentine are still at large." 

Patty Keys was showing the ninja around the house, "This one-bedroom, one-half-bath is a cozy dream. Who needs extras when everything is in arm's reach? Now, wait until you see the lighting." She turns on the light, but the bulb flickers, burns out, and falls to the ground. "Uh, who needs lights when you have this view? Heh." Now she opens the window blinds, but the view is a wall.

"Uh, why do I smell old people?" Lloyd asked.

"Look, doll. I'm trying to work around your budget. This is all you can afford." Patty replied, annoyed.

"Uh, this looks...promising. Remember, guys, Sensei told us our main objective is to train Lloyd, not kick our feet up in some swanky suite. If this is all we can afford, this is all we can afford." Cole said, crossing his arms.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not rush into any decision. I mean, if it's really all about Lloyd, don't we need to live in some place that'll make training easier?" Jay tried to convince Cole.