Child's play

Season 2, episode 5.

Words: 4,5K

Warnings: None.

Lloyd is watching some other kids playing soccer and he sighs.

"Lloyd? Lloyd! Concentrate!" Lloyd turned around and faced Kai.

Cole, Jay and Zane were standing behind the red ninja, "Now that the Bounty is in our possession again, we can train you more effectively. But you'll have to focus. One more time." Zane told the green ninja.

"Oh, but we've been training all day." He whined.

"It's all to get you ready to face your father. Now, in position." Cole said and pulled his mask over his face, followed by the rest. They got into a fighting stance and Lloyd yawned.

Kai charged at the little boy and Lloyd punched him back. Jay and Zane ran up to him and were ready to attack, as Lloyd used spinjitzu to knock them away. Cole comes up him from behind and slide kicks him, knocking him into the air. Lloyd faceplants as the others take off their hoods in concern.

"That was fun. Are we done?" Lloyd got up.

Jay sighed, "Oh, come on. You're better than this. What's on your mind?"

"Well...The latest issue of "starfarer" just came in at doomsday comix and it's a limited run, so if I don't go out and get it, it's going to sell out. Last they left off, intergalactic rogue Fritz Donnegan was surrounded by the imperial sludge, and if I don't find out if he gets out alright, I think I might have my own doomsday." He told them.

Kai spoke up, "The fate of ninjago rests on your shoulders. As the green ninja, you have a giant responsibility to hold. I'm sorry, but you don't have time for such childish things."

Lloyd walks back to the railing and continued watching the kids playing soccer, "Other kids get to play and have fun. All I ever do is train." He sighed.

Nya ran towards the boys from the below deck, "Guys, there's been a break-in at the and the security cameras picked up you-know-who."

"Garmadon!" Cole grunted.

"We have to stop him before he uses the mega weapon to start another one of the diabolical plots." Jay said determined.

Lloyd turned to the ninja, wanting to ask if he could go along. The ninja turned around and Lloyd rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I can't go and it's safer if I stay here and train." 

"Mh-hm." They nodded and Lloyd fold his arms in dissapointment.

"Nya, do you know where Y/n is?" Jay asked.

"I'm here!" A voice interrupted.

"Y/n! There you are." Jay exclaimed.

"Let's go kick Garmadon's ass." She smirked.

"There are kids here." Nya whispered, motioning to Lloyd.

The purple ninja shrugged and got in the ultra sonic raider, followed by the boys.

"We'll meet up at the Bounty as soon as we're done." Kai told his sister and Lloyd.

"We'll be waiting for your safe return." Nya waved them a goodbye and they took off.

Lloyd sighed again, "Too old for comic books and too young to fight. When are they gonna make up their minds?"

"Come on, pint size. Show me what you got." Lloyd yawned before walking away.

At night, at the museum, Jay tosses a rope down as they climb down to a window and open it. The ninja climb inside as they continue making their way in the museum and are heading to a railing. Jay sushes his friends.