Return of the overlord

Season 2, episode 12.

Words: 3,4K

Warnings: I think none.

The ninja, Wu and Misako are walking through the forest, searching for Dr. Julien. The horns are still blaring in the distance, as they spot Zane's father. They walk towards him and he turns around, "What was that sound? The horns?" He asked.

"The Celestial Clock has reached zero. Garmadon's ultimate weapon is now operational and the Final Battle between good and evil has all but begun." Sensei informed, nodding.

"Now Lloyd must face his father." Misako reminded, looking at a sad Lloyd.

"But where's Nya?" Dr. Julien asked, looking for her. Kai puts a hand on Jay's shoulder.

"She's been taken by the Overlord, but we'll get her back. At the moment, there are bigger things at stake, including all of ninjago itself." Sensei answered.

Jay pulled his hood off his face and spoke up, "Who cares about Ninjago? Nya was my-uh, my...you know."

Kai pulled his hood off as well, "And she's my sister. I know her being captured is tough, but she's tougher. Tougher than most of us. We'll see her again."

"Lloyd, your focus gives strength to invoking the power of the golden dragon. You cannot lose faith now. Everything rests on your shoulders." Wu turned to the green ninja.

"But Sensei, you saw what happened when I tried to face my father. I-I froze. I can't fight him." Lloyd sighed.

"You must. It is written in the scrolls."

"Remember, your father is just as scared." Misako reassured her son.

"Then the battle will be decided by who is willing to fight." 

Kai pulled out his blade, "You won't be alone. I'll be right behind you. You have my fire."

"You have my earth." Cole did the same as Kai.

"And my ice." Zane nodded.

"And lightning."

"Don't forget the wind." Y/n smiled proudly.

"We're all in this together, kid." Cole told the green ninja.

"What are we waiting for? Let's suit up." Lloyd pulled his hood over his face and the team prepares for the battle. 

Some time later they run towards Garmadon's camp. Lloyd layed down on the ground, trying to not get seen. "Get down, now." He motioned to his friends.

"They won't know what hit them." Kai whispered.

"Time to chop wood."

"Ninja, go!" They shout and break open the gate, finding it abandoned.

"Uh, where the heck is everybody?" Jay asked, confused.

"Ugh, and here I was all ready to release the thunder." Cole complained.

"Jay is the thunder, Cole." Y/n snickered.

"The ultimate weapon is gone. We're too late." Kai said and he walked over the bridge, towards the vacant camp. "Nya? Nya!"

The falcon could be heard and they all turn their heads. "My Falcon friend wants to show us something." The Falcon shows them the Garmatron's tracks.

Lloyd gasped, "Whoa. That's one big weapon."

"It appears to be heading toward the coast." Zane informed.

"But why? Wouldn't he try to use it on us?" Lloyd questioned, turning to Wu.