The invitation

Season 4, episode 1.

Words: 3,1K

Warnings: None.

Jay's show just finished and he was in his dressing room, staring at a picture of the ninja team, including young Lloyd. "Ninja never quit, huh, Zane?" He chuckled to no-one.

"The team needs you now more than ever." Lloyd spoke up from the shadow.

Jay turned around and the green ninja jumped in front of him. The blue ninja gasped and Lloyd chuckled. "How did you get in here?" He asked suspicious.

"I'm a Ninja, and you are wearing makeup."

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. It's concealer, a time-honored tool of the Ninja. And what do you mean "team?" I refuse to fight beside Cole. There's nothing you can say that will get me back with that girl-stealing, black-hearted, rock-pounding-" Jay rambled and Lloyd cuts him off.

"Jay, she still speaks of you. You don't belong here, Jay. This isn't you. You're the master of Lightning, not the Master of Lighting. Y/n misses you too, even though I haven't heard from her in a while. Hey, you know where I'll be if you change your mind." Lloyd disappeared and Jay stared at the ground, not sure what to do.

The master of lighting went back to his seat and started to add some more make-up, but hesitated and instead he threw the tool at the mirror angry.

Cole was cutting a stem of a tree, grunting. "The team needs you now more than ever." Lloyd spoke up and startled the former earth ninja.

Cole looked up and spotted Lloyd. "I thought I was good with a scythe. Turns out, I'm even better with an axe. Ugh, I'm tired of fighting, Lloyd. Tired of serpentine, tired of nindroids, tired of...Jay. Out here, no one knows who you are. No one expects anything of you."

"But what would Zane expect? You're the Master of earth, Cole. you don't belong in trees. Your feet should be on the ground. You can't hide who you are."

"Sorry, Green machine, this is my life now." Cole apologised.

A worker's on top of a pile of logs, but it's about to fall. "Oh, oh, cracked stem! She's falling hard!" He shouted and everyone ran away.

Cole didn't hesitate and ran towards the falling pile of logs. He created a wall of earth and stopped them. Everyone cheered as Cole stood there with his mouth wide open.

"Who is he?" A random worker asked.

"Not one of us." Someone else replied.

"If you change your mind, Cole, you know where I'll be." Lloyd disappeared and Cole walked away, holding a bag.

Next up was Kai, "Welcome to the Yang slither pits Final. In the left corner, we have Kai, the Flaming Shogun. And in the right corner, we have Kruncha." The announcer said and the crowd cheered.

"Ninja, go!" Kai yelled and used spinjitzu, defeating Kruncha, "Didn't your mama ever warn you not to play with me?" Kai mocked and the crowd cheered harder.

"Victor of the Slither Pit and undefeated champion...Kai, the Flaming Shogun!" The announcer holds up Kai arm, but he pulled it down again.

"The Red Shogun. Red Shogun!" Kai turned around and walked away, kicking Kruncha's head.

Kia sits down at a nearby table drinking juice, as Lloyd showed up.

"You shouldn't drink too much juice. It's filled with more sugar than you realize." Lloyd said and patted Kai's back.

"Oh, it's you." Kai replied sadly.

"The team needs you now more than ever."

"Who says the great and powerful green ninja needs a team? You seem to be holding down the fort on your own."