Out of the Fire and Into the Boiling Sea

Season 7, episode 9.

Words: 1,9K

"Ew. No matter how many times you see it, watching those suckers hatch is gross." Jay said, as he was watching another Vermillion Egg hatching.

"Jay! Less watching, more helping!" Lloyd yelled, running up the stairs.

"You know guys, I was thinking now that we got Ninjago's workers out of here, maybe we should join them." The Blue Ninja thought out loud.

"What about Master Wu?" Y/n asked.

"He's gone. It's a strategic retreat." The Lightning Ninja shrugged.

""Strategic retreat" is just a fancy way of saying "giving up."" Cole spoke, cocking an eyebrow at Jay.

The Master of Lightning turned to The Green Ninja, "What do you think, Lloyd? You're the Master-in-Training here."

"We need to regroup at the Temple." Lloyd replied, as they ran back towards the sewers. "Zane, cover Ice!" 

Zane did as asked and made a giant ice dome around the entrance of the sewers. Immediately, a giant stone was launched and made a huge crack in the ice.

"Quick! Before they get through!" Lloyd instructed.

"One moment. I'm getting a signal." Zane said, looking around.

"Oh, yeah? Does it sound anything like this: "Move your butt, Zane!"" Jay screamed.

"Cyrus Borg. I must retrieve him." The Ice Ninja said to himself.

Cole stopped Zane, "Wait. You're totally outnumbered." 

"He's right. There's like, a million more Vermillion out there." Lloyd agreed.

"There's no way you could possibly save him all by yourself." Y/n walked towards Zane, "So I'm coming with you." She added, earning odd looks from the other three, "What? We're Ninja. Saving people is, you know, what we do."

"Yes we do." Lloyd, Jay and Cole join them. "Take cover!" Lloyd yelled, as the dome shattered.

"Ha. What luck. They left." Jay sighed in relief, seeing that the Vermillion left.

"Except all the Vermillion forces in this swamp are apparently headed to the same place we are: the Dome." Zane replied, earning a snicker from the Blue Ninja.

"I didn't say "What good luck.""

"So what do we do?" Cole asked, turning to Lloyd. 

"Yeah, we're in deep trouble the moment they spot us." Y/n agreed.

The Master of Energy picked up a Vermillion helmet, "Then let's make sure they don't."

The Ninja wore Vermillion armor and sneak in the dome.

"Well, that was easy." Cole chuckled.

"Yeah, too easy. Ow!" Jay groaned as a tool got thrown at his head, making Y/n and Cole laugh.

"Unto the breach! Freedom!" Cyrus Borg yelled, before tackling Lloyd to the ground.

"Stop! He's not a Vermillion." Zane shouted, trying to stop Borg from hitting Lloyd.

"I know a snake when I see one." The Green Ninja removed his helmet, making Borg gasp in relief, "Ninja? You've come to rescue me!"

Jay groaned as he stoop up again, "Ugh, a decision I'm starting to regret."