The Crooked Path

Season 5, episode 7.

Words: 2,6K

"There. That should keep customers away. "Closed for renovations."" Zane said, putting up a sign.

Kai sets a bucket of water on top of the door. "More like fortifications. If Morro and his ghouls show up here looking to steal the sword of sanctuary, they won't know what hit them." He smirked.

Cole walks out the door, almost having the bucket of water fall on him. He jumped away just in time, "Aah! Careful, you know not all of us are immune to water. And I for one would like to stick around long enough for Misako Sensei and to figure out the last clue."

"We got Cyclondo, we got the sword, now they just have to figure out where the is." Jay chuckled.

"Let's hope they figure it out soon." Y/n smiled.

"Yeah, I don't know how long we'll be able to hold out." Kai agreed.

Someone stepped on the tripline, setting off a bel. "Intruder!" Kai shouted.

"Let him have it. Pull!"

The boys catapults water balloons, but it was actually the postman, now soaked.

He sighs annoyed, "No wonder you're going out of business."

"No, you're the one going out of business. Heh, who sends letters anymore?" Jay nervously chuckled.

The postman hands Kai the letter and walks away, "Guys, he's right. It says he's gonna shut us down unless we drum up some business." The fire ninja said, quite shocked.

"Well, don't tell Ronin. If this place is worthless, he won't stick around and we need all the help we can get. Come on, we're gonna need more water balloons." Cole replied, turning around and walking away.

"Thanks for gathering on short notice." Misako thanked the ninja, as they gathered in the tea shop. They all saw Ronin looking around, suspicious.

"Looking for something?" Y/n asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Ha, just making sure the tea blends are in alphabetical order. Yup, A to Z, heh." Ronin nervously replied, and everyone dismissed.

"So you figured out where the tomb is?" Jay asked the elder woman.

"Not yet, but we think we know how to locate it." She replied.

Ronin tries to sneak away, but Wu comes inside. "Oh! Hey, hehehe."

"Zane?" Zane's projected the skull image and Wu turns off the lights. "To bring you up to date, the skull symbol refers to the tomb's entrance."

"We also know my Father's resting site, where the Realm Crystal resides, is protected by three deadly tests designed to keep anyone unworthy away, and only the Sword of Sanctuary can see past its riddles." Sensei Wu explained.

"Yeah, but where is it?" Cole asked.

"We started to wonder if the and sword combined held a secret. That's when Kai reminded us there was a map on the back of the scroll a-"

"And if you use the sword on the map, the blade's reflection will reveal the tomb's location." Kai cutted in.

"Exactly." 

"Which means we'll have to get our hands on that map." Y/n added.

They heard Nya's screams and the ninja make their way towards the screams. They see Ronin, holding the sword of sanctuary. "Huh? Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. We can do this the easy way or the hard way."