Complicated (Ruby)

B/F/N - Best Friend
B/F/2/N - Second Best Friend
F/C - Favorite Color
F/S - Favorite Song
F/A - Favorite Artist

"That English teacher is going to kill me with all of this work" you said as you sat down with your lunch with your best friends.

"For real. Why does she assign us so much work in the 9th grade? We just entered high school!" said B/F/N.

"Tell me about it." said B/F/2/N and she rolled her eyes and she started to eat her pizza.

You open your sandwich from the foil and start to eat it. A moment later, you looked up and from across the lunch room, you saw Ruby looking at you from his lunch table.

"Not again with this dude." you thought annoyed and you ignored his stare and looked back at your friends while you eat your sandwich.

"So, you guys are going to homecoming?" asked B/F/2/N.

"Sis, I already told you. We are going together." said B/F/N.

"I'm not going." you said and both of your best friends looked at you crazy super quick.

"B*tch what? Why?!" shouted in sync.

"I just don't feel like it." you said and you turn to the side and slip on your water. You were watching Ruby talking to his friends, laughing and having fun.

Your best friends showily turn their head to see what you were looking for. When they saw Ruby, they quickly turned back to me with a glare.

"B*tch." said B/F/N.

"What?" you said after you turned around with your water in your hand.

"Y/N." said B/F/2/N.

"What?" you said as you put your water down on the table.

"Y/N!"

"What?!" you said with eyes widened as you looked at them.

"Y/N, I thought we went over this." B/F/N said as she put her head on her fist or the hand of her arm on the table as she looked at you.

"Ain't you over him? I thought you were." said B/F/2/N as she looks at you.

"Well, I am. No, I'm not. I am! I don't know!" you said overthinking your feelings about Ruby. You got frustrated so you covers your eyes into your hands.

"Well, I think you should. It's been a couple years, Y/N. He hasn't been calling, texting, talking to you recently, or showing any kind of romantic gesture to you." said B/F/N with a straight face.

"Well d*mn, you didn't have to put it on me that hard." you said after you lifted your eye from your hands and looked at her with eyes widened.

"Truth hurts." said B/F/N after she shrugged their shoulders and started drinking their Pepsi.

"Normally I would disagree with B/F/N's statements, but Y/N, she's right. He has shown no attention or affection for you." said B/F/2/N and you looked at them screwed.

"Y/N, you should go to homecoming with your guy friend, Tory. Y'all always flirting with each other." said B/F/N.

"Guys, we're just friends. I promise you." you said smiling.

B/F/2/N turned their head to look at Ruby across the room and saw him greet Olivia.

"Oof." said B/F/2/N and you and B/F/N turned to her.

"What is it?" asked B/F/N and both of you looked at what she was looking at. B/F/N cringed while your eyes widened at Ruby and Olivia.

"How long has Olivia been going to our school?" B/F/N asked.