4 Years (Ruby)

"Y/N, I heard a new student is here today." said Monse as you open up your binder and start doing the warm up on the board in math class.

"Really? How come I never saw them today?" you asked.

"I don't know, you tell me. I heard it's a boy and cute." said Monse as she started doing the warm up in her notebook.

"You still think Cesar is cute, don't you?" you asked with a grin.

"Stop it." said Monse as playfully pushed you and made you chucked.

A few minutes later, the teacher closed the door and went up to the board to start explaining the warm up.

Somebody rushed into the classroom and everybody turned their attention to the door. You were too focused on correcting the warm up so you didn't look who was at the door.

"Oh look. It's the new student. Come up here." said the math teacher, Mr. Walker. The new boy slowly walked up to the front of the classroom.

"Everyone, I want you to introduce our new student of Freeridge High: Ruby Martinez." said Mr. Walker. You quickly looked up once you heard the new student's name and gasped.

"Ruby Martinez?! As in the same Ruby from elementary?!" you scream-thought as you looked at him with wide eyes.

"Y/N, are you okay?" asked Mr. Walker and everybody turned in their seats to look at you.

You quickly shake your head to get you out of your trance.

"Yeah. Um...can I use the bathroom?" you asked and you quickly left before Mr. Walker could respond.

"I'll go after her." said Monse and quickly ran out of the classroom to catch up after you.

Monse quickly ran into the nearest girls bathroom and saw you pacing back and forth in the bathroom.

"Y/N." said Monse, making you stop and look at her with wide eyes.

"What was that about?" asked Monse and she checked the stalls to see if anyone else was in the bathroom but luckily nobody wasn't.

"Nothing." you said shyly and Monse walked up to you and crossed her arms against her chest with her signature serious face.

"Fine. I know him. A long time ago." you said.

"Ruby? The new student?" asked Monse and you nodded. Both of you walked to the bench that was inside the bathroom and sat on it.

"How?" asked Monse as she looked at you confused.

"Elementary. He used to be my best guy friend. Until he moved away for a while. We have each other's numbers and continue to contact each other til I guess he got a new phone. I'm guessing that because Ruby didn't respond back to my texts. He didn't bother to add me to his new phone so he kinda ghosted and forgot about me." you explained.

"Our friendship lasted from first grade to fourth grade. I've had a crush on him but I didn't want to ruin our friendship. Is that normal that I've been thinking about him ever since he left Freeridge cause I think it's not. To think about somebody from when you're really young up til now." you said and you bend down and put your head inside your hands.

"It's normal. You let out your feelings built up inside all these years and haven't haven't talked to him at all." said Monse and you looked at her crazy after you lifted your head again.

"Since when did you become the love doctor?" you asked.

"Since junior high. People make relationships way too hard when it's really simple." said Monse.