Late Summer Nights (Jamal)

F/R - Favorite Restaurant

F/C - Favorite Color

It was one July afternoon where you were chilling at home doing nothing. You were only playing games on your phone because you did your summer homework and went to work for the day.

A few minutes later, you get a message from Jamal and open it a few seconds.

You just realized that you haven't seen or texted him since you got out of school. You don't know why when you two are very close friends.

Jamal😂🥰: Hey Y/N.

You: Hey Jamal. it's been a while. how are you?

Jamal😂🥰: it's good. i miss hanging out with you. do you wanna hang out at our spot?

You: Yeah , oh course. see you at 7.

Jamal😂🥰: see ya.

-

It was 6:30 pm and you were finally getting dressed in a varsity jacket, f/c shirt, black bike shorts and checkerboard vans shoes.

You go upstairs and see your mom watching one of her favorite shows.

"'Mom, I'm going to go see Jamal." you said and your mom looks up at you.

"Okay honey. Have fun. Come back by 10!" shouted your mom as you went out the door.

20 minutes later, you arrive at the park and see Jamal trying to short a basket with a basketball at the basketball court.

You shake your head with a smile and you walk to him.

You came close to him but he didn't realize you were there. Right before Jamal was about to shoot again, you decided to scare him.

"Hey Jamal!" you screamed and Jamal jumped and dropped the ball.

You laughed at his reaction and you picked up the basketball.

"Hey Y/N." said Jamal shyly still surprised from being scared.

"What are you doing?" you said in a fake girly voice and Jamal laughed a bit.

"Trying to shoot a hoop. My paps want me to try basketball. I thought he learned already that I don't like sports!" shouted Jamal at the last sentence out in the sky and you giggle a bit.

"He'll learn someday. Want to at least try?" you said and you throw the basketball at Jamal and he catches it.

"Hey, you caught it." you said with a smile and Jamal rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. That was lucky." said Jamal and he turned his back on you and he started to walk back to the hoop.

Jamal tried to shoot the ball into the hoop but missed again and Jamal caught the ball before it hit the ground.

"Jamal." you said and you walked up to him and got in front of him. You took the basketball out of his hands and turned your back to him and came close to him with your back facing his crest.

Jamal gained a pink blush at how close you were to him.

"Jamal, place your hands on top of mine." you said and Jamal did. You gained a red blush along with your heart jumping a bit by his touch.

"Now, you're going to bend your knees a bit then release making a basket with a shoot pose." you said. You countdown and you and Jamal did a shot and it went into the hoop.

"Good job." you said happily as you turned around to see him in his face.

"Thanks Y/N." said Jamal shyly and he picked up the basketball.

After an hour of playing basketball, you and Jamal start to walk down the sidewalk to Speedway for some snacks.

"So what have you been doing this whole summer?" you asked with a smile.

"Work at my pops shop. Want me to earn money for college.'" said Jamal with an eyeroll.

"Man, he's really on you about sports." you said and you went into deep thought.

"Well, what are you into?" you asked Jamal as you turned your head to see Jamal while you were walking with him.

"I'm not sure. Since I found the Rollerworld money and accidentally got it taken by Oscar, I feel nothing. Like finding that money made me feel like I was a human." said Jamal and you turn your head back straight and look down as you walk.

"Completely understand what you mean." you said and you guys made it to Speedway.

You and Jamal enter and you quickly ran to the different kinds of slushies. The slushies were the best part of Speedway.

"Omg! They have strawberry, lemon, orange, cherry, they have all of the flavors!" you said excited as Jamal walked over to you.

"Yeah, their slushies are the best." said Jamal with a smile and you turn around to face him.

"Let's get some!" you said and you quickly get a cup and get your favorite flavor slushy.

10 minutes later, you and Jamal were walking out of Speedway with your slushies.

It was quiet between you and Jamal as you two walk and drink your slushes.

Jamal stopped drinking and walked with a worried face while you were happily still drinking your slushy.

"Y/N?" asked Jamal and you stopped drinking and looked at him while walking.

"Yeah?" you said and you turned your head to face him and Jamal stopped walking and looked at you quickly.

"Y/N, what should I do if I don't figure out what I want to do with my life? What should I do when me and my friends are separated? What do I do when my parents die? What if-"

You quickly kissed him to shut his overthinking. Jamal quickly kissed you back with passion and you smiled as you kissed him. Both of you stop the kiss.

"Jamal." you said with a smile.

"Yes?" said Jamal looking deep into your eyes.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" you asked.

"Should I be asking you?" said Jamal

You giggled and nodded. Both of you started walking to your home while holding hands into the night.