Chapter 2: Training: Rasengan vs. Eight Trigrams Palms Heavenly Spin

Today is my brithday!!!

BIRTHDAY SPEACIAL COMMING!

As Naruto ran up to the training stones, Hinata surged to her feet. She had been sitting against one of the pillars, and could not suppress a yawn and a stretch.

"Hey, Hinata," the young ninja greeted her, "Sorry if I'm late."

"You weren't," the Kunoichi's voice cracked slightly in awkwardness, "Uh, late that is. I just got here a little early."

Naruto Uzumaki nodded, and then looked around at the monoliths set throughout the clearing.

"So, what do we do?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" her counter was twinged with confusion.

"Well, to be honest I never really trained with anyone else. Not as a partner. When we did the tree climbing training, Sasuke, Sakura, and I were competing, not working together. And the rest of the timing its been either me working alone, or being taught by someone," he gave her an embarrassed grin, "So I'm not too sure what we should do here. Do we spar? Have target practice? Go for a jog?"

"Actually," Hinata tapped her fingers together and looked at the ground, "I, um, had an idea. If you don't mind?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Well, can you show me the Rasengan first?" she tapped her fingers again; afraid she was asking too much.

"Yeah, no problem." As he answered, Naruto extended his right hand. Blue streaks of chakra began to circle above his palm, quickly increasing and growing tighter until they formed a spiraling sphere, about 4 inches in diameter.

"Byakugan," Hinata whispered. The veins around her eyes swelled as additional blood and chakra flowed into the pale orbs. She looked down at the chakra globe spinning in Naruto's hand, and she gaped in amazement.

"It's so beautiful."

"You think so?" Naruto asked, staring down at his hand through slitted eyes.

"You can't see it like I do," she told him. Then her voice grew very quiet and she asked, "Um... Would you like to?"

"Really? That would be awesome. How?"

"Kariname Jutsu. It is one of the kekkei genkai techniques of the Hyuga clan. It enables the user to share what they see with someone else," her gaze dropped to the ground, clearly unhappy about what she was about to say, "I am just learning the Jutsu, so I still require direct contact. Neji is able to transmit his vision through a thread over 100 feet already. And my father can send to multiple people several miles away with no connection."

Sensing her depression, Naruto got a little angry.

"Listen, Hinata, you have to stop comparing yourself to Neji. He might be better at some things, but you are better at others. You created the 'Protection of the 8 Trigrams 64 Palms', not Neji," Naruto put his hand on her shoulder as a supportive gesture, "And besides, Neji's like a machine. All he thinks about is getting stronger. You are a more balanced human being, and more fun to be around."

Hinata's head jerked up in shock, but she smiled a bit, "Thank you, Naruto."

"Don't mention it. Besides there's nothing wrong with a little 'direct contact'."

Hinata turned red at that, but Naruto was looking at his Rasengan again and didn't notice.

"So, what do we need to do? Hold hands?"

Hinata flushed again and this time Naruto saw. His face colored as he realized what he had suggested.

"Um, no... I'm not that advanced. I'll need to touch your forehead, the third eye point."