I don't remember the title. Sorry!

The ambush occurred just as the students were sitting down to eat. The teens were too stunned and frightened to resist, though a few had tried to run. Both Jonin had prevented the Chunin from fighting back.

"Where is she?" the Mist rogue asked, remaining in the shadow.

"She ain't here," the giant from the first day answered, "Her teacher says she went off alone before the meteor shower."

"Well, we'll have to bring her back. Keep the students from the Fire Country here. Move the other five classes to the locations we discussed, and be ready to execute the plan."

As his minions began to move, he suddenly noticed something. Loosening the huge sword strapped to his back in anticipation, he interrupted his followers as they reached for one of the students.

"She stays too," he told them. Though his exact appearance remained hidden, his eyes seemed to narrow as he surveyed the girl.

"Kaede Mizuno," the leader of the villains pronounced, "I am honored. Secure her. If she resists, we will start killing the Land of Water hostages."

The Hunter-Nin remained stock still as they threw a bag over her head. Then, they brought out ninja manacles: solid cold-forged iron gloves, designed to prevent a shinobi from making hand signs. Securing her hands behind her, they pushed her roughly to the floor.

"Nyoko Honokate," Bunjiro's thick, gravelly voice emerged from the hotel's PA system, "If you do not return to the hotel and surrender yourself to us, we will begin killing hostages. Starting with your friends and classmates."

"Iruka-sensei, what should we do?" Sakura whispered.

"Nothing, yet. They have us outnumbered. If we were to fight, chances are the civilians would get hurt, especially the students they took away."

"Naruto is with Nyoko," Yugao reminded them, "He will keep her safe. We wait as long as we can."

"Naruto, let me go," Nyoko struggled to break free, "I can't let them kill my classmates."

"No way," he held her gently, her arms pinned to her sides, "If this guy is half as nasty as I read, he'll kill all the hostages just to cover his tracks. And who knows what he'll do to you before he gets his ransom. One of his old buddies once suggested cutting off my legs so I couldn't run away."

She seized up in fear, and then went limp.

"What do we do then?" she turned to look at him when he finally released her.

"Hmmm," the blond ninja's face crinkled in thought, "Well I guess Plan A is out."

"Plan A?" she considered that, "You mean creating hundreds of Shadow Clones, and sending them to attack en masse?"

"That's the one," he confirmed.

"So why not use it?"

"The hostages. I don't know the enemy's numbers, or location, or anything. So starting a pitched battle would just put all the students at risk."

Then he looked a little browbeaten, "Besides, Iruka-sensei would lecture me and Sakura would probably sock me."

"OK, then what about Plan B?"

"Improvise a new attack based on something I saw someone else do?" he looked confused, "I would need someone to fight first."

"Wait, you actually consider that your Plan B?" the princess almost let her jaw drop.

"I need more information about what's going on inside," he frowned slightly as he let the crack pass, "I guess that means it's time for a little recon."