Chapter 15: The Damiyo's Daughter

They arrived at the resort early the next morning. Two other buses were already parked behind the hotel; one empty, and the other in the process of unloading. The Konoha ninja disembarked, and began to remove the bags.

"Alright!" Naruto shouted, "Time to hit the beach!"

The blond Genin started to run towards the ocean, but Iruka caught him by his belt.

"Check in and breakfast first," the teacher instructed, stifling a yawn, "Then we can talk about activities."

"Oh man," Naruto deflated as the others continued to gather their belongings.

"TENTEN!" a feminine voice shouted from the other bus. A teenage girl ran over, and embraced the weapons expert. She had vivid orange hair flowing just below her shoulders and deep grey eyes. Her face and figure drew looks of wonder from Lee and Choji, and jealousy from Sakura and Ino. Neither Naruto nor Shikamaru were impressed, both sensed something in the way she carried herself.

"What are you doing here?" the girl stepped back.

"I told you I'd see you again soon, Nyoko," Tenten answered, smiling at the other student.

"But I didn't think this soon," Nyoko punched her in the arm, "You knew you were coming here."

Tenten shrugged, with a knowing grin.

"So, these must be your classmates," the girl turned her attention to the other undercover ninja, "So which one is the boyfriend you spoke so highly of?"

Tenten coughed, as her companions looked at her.

"Uh, none of them," Tenten answered sheepishly, "He couldn't make it. He had to take remedial math over the break."

Neji Hyuga sneezed violently.

"Are you alright, Neji?" Gai asked grandiosely.

"I am fine, Gai-sensei."

"I'm starting to doubt he exists," the orange-haired girl squinted at Tenten. Then she broke off the gaze with her own shrug.

"Well, then, introduce me to your friends," Nyoko ordered.

"This is Ino, Sakura, Hinata, Lee, Shikamaru, Choji, and Naruto. And our teachers Iruka and Yugao."

Nyoko walked down the line, shaking each of their hands, and openly appraising each. She offered Hinata a kind smile and a nod. The civilian also nodded at Sakura, but this time her grin carried a hint of challenge. When Nyoko shook Ino's hand, the grip lasted a little longer, and the each girl's face tightened. Taking Lee's hand, her face showed disapproval at she looked at his hair and eyebrows. Similarly, Shikamaru's bored expression and weak handshake seemed to offend her. But both Choji and Naruto appeared to meet her approval, she gave each a pleased, almost lecherous assessment.

"Nyoko," one of her teacher's shouted, "Come collect your bags, so we can go register."

"Fine," she yelled back. Then she gave Tenten a sad smile, "I'll find you later Tenten."

After she left, Yugao fixed a stern eye on Tenten.

"You did not report that you had cultivated a relationship with her," the Jonin said evenly.

"She approached me," the kunoichi explained, "It would have blown my cover if I hadn't tried to make friends with my classmates."

"Then that was..." Shikamaru asked.

"Nyoko Honokata, daughter of Hisoka Honokata, daimyo of the Land of Fire," Iruka confirmed.

"She seems like a hassle," Shikamaru commented.