Chapter 87: Love and Honor

Naruto Uzumaki responded nervously to the knock on his door, quickly  pulling on a t-shirt. He had been preparing for bed, and was not  expecting anyone. The duels were the next morning, so the blonde  Tokubetsu Jonin was understandably on edge. Despite his apprehension, he  opened the door without hesitating, or even asking whom it was.

He  was quite surprised to find Hinata Hyuga on other side of the door,  holding both of her bags. The young man briefly suspected another trick,  having been subjected to a handful of annoyances throughout the past  week. But her scent was real, as was her chakra aura, so he stepped back  to let her enter.

"Hey, Hinata," he was still surprised by his girlfriend's visit, "What's up?"

"I  was hoping I could stay here tonight," she said shyly, "I'm done  training with Shizune for tomorrow, and I have troubled her enough. But I  still can't go home, and... and I wanted to be by you anyway. I tried  to call, but..."

"Of course you can stay here," he took her larger  bag and locked the door, "And my phone is unplugged so I can make sure I  get a good night's sleep."

"Hmm?" she frowned slightly at him.

"Oh,  I've gotten 'wrong number' calls almost every night since I got back,"  he told her, walking over to the closer loveseat and setting her bag on  it, "Almost like someone doesn't want me getting a good... Holy shit,  Hinata!"

When he turned back to her, he discovered his beloved had  shed her clothes and was standing there in her underwear. Except  underwear wasn't the right word. He had seen her normal underwear often  enough, even if had they never gone any further. No, even if was still  essentially a bra and panties, this was lingerie; deep blue, more lace  than cloth, barely covering anything, and designed to enhance and  present rather than support.

"Hi... Hinata?" he stammered and she  blushed, but also smiled happily at having provoked that response from  him. She closed the distance between them, and kissed him.

"Hinata, what are you doing?" he finally found words when she released his lips.

"It  is time Naruto," she said as aggressively as she could manage. Despite  all her progression, it was taking every ounce of courage she could  muster not to run into his bedroom and hide.

"I don't want to wait any longer," she continued breathily, "Make love to me, Naruto."

He turned away from her, his mind reeling.

"Hinata,  we can't," he marshaled every bit of respect he had for her, and pushed  down his hormones. But she didn't make it easy for him; she embraced  him from behind, pressing her impressive chest firmly into his back.  Hinata was glad he wasn't looking at her, and thus couldn't see how much  her face was burning.

"Why not?" she countered, "We're adults. We've waited longer then any of our friends."

"Don't  you want to? Don't you want me?" her voice fell, worried. Part of her  attack was just that, but there was no small amount of genuine fear in  her words. He grabbed her hands, but did not face her; afraid his  resolve would break.

"I do want you, Hinata," he told her  fiercely, and then continued more calmly, "so much it hurts. But not  tonight, not like this."

"Why not?" she asked again.

"Because  we're both worried about tomorrow, and we both need to be well rested,"  he answered, "It isn't exactly the mood I wanted, and I don't want to  mess up in the duel because I was... up late... Or mess our first time  up because I'm distracted."

"But what if this is the last chance  we have?" she pressed her face into his back, trying not to cry, logic  cracking her seductive mask.

"Is that what this is all about?"  Naruto asked softly, placing his hands together. A cloud of newspapers  filled Hinatas arms as he used Shunshin to teleport to the other side of  the room. He turned to face her with a disapproving frown.