Chapter 11: Dancing With a Demon

"Lee," Sakura's shout echoed through the cave. The Taijutsu expert recoiled from the kick to his midsection, but allowed himself to fall back to avoid the second foot aimed for his chest. Sakura fist bounced off the invisible wall surrounding her, while Neji watched like a cage predator.

"Your friends don't seem to like the Nankyuu Abara Kekkei Genkai," the demon noted, slashing at Lee with his wakizashi. Lee had disassembled his staff, and bound one part to the outside of each of his forearms. He used the improvised bracer on his left arm to block the curved blade, and struck the vampire's chest with an open palm.

"But I wanted some time alone with you," Doraku continued, unconcerned by the attack.

"You see, I'm torn. On the one hand, you have cost me two powerful servants. And the rank taste of your blood still lingers in my mouth," the monster stabbed again, attempting to trap the Leaf Chunin against the wall, "But then again, this has been interesting. And I have learned a previously unknown weakness of my power."

"So, should I give you a quick death, or a slow one? Because I can't let you live, knowing what you know."

Lee's answer was a Leaf Gale. The demon jumped easily over the leg sweep, but the Chunin turned his momentum into Leaf Great Whirlwind. He caught Doraku in the chest, sending the monster higher. Unfortunately, the ceiling was too low, and Lee could not follow-up with the Leaf Dancing Shadow. The vampire twisted in the air, and stuck to the roof. He glared down at Lee with what could only be described as disappointment. The blood drainer coiled, and launched himself at Lee, leading with his blade. The teen motioned as if to block with his wrist, but then stepped inside and smashed the vampire's wrist with the 30-pound weight on his own forearm. The expected crack of bone was not heard, and the vampire countered with a punch to the human's heart. The attack sent Lee flying.

"Attacks like that won't work," the demon paused, not bothering to press his advantage. Lee rose, clutching his chest.

"The Jutsu Sakura uses to boost her strength is more impressive than she knows. I can use it to make my muscles hard as iron. Blunt attacks won't have much effect on me."

Doraku sighed, and looked away from Lee, "This is boring. Perhaps with some extra help you might be a challenge."

He placed his hands together, and the barrier holding Neji vanished with a soft tone.

"Of course I know all Neji's moves. But you humans can be so creative and unpredictable. Or at least he can be a distraction."

Neji ignored the jab and moved slowly forward. His Byakugan scanned the demon intently, trying to find a weakness. Then he darted forward, aiming for his opponent's right arm with glowing fingers.

"Good choice," the demon easily dodged, "Without my weapon, I could be slightly less dangerous."

The vampire's left hand snaked out, and his Gentle Fist tapped Neji's left temple. The Byakugan in the Hyuga's left eye faded out. Then with a grimace of pain at the off center vision, he canceled the other jutsu in his other eye.

Neji feinted low, then struck from the left. He pressed hard, sacrificing accuracy and success for keeping the demon off center.

"Well, this is interesting," the demon noted, knocking aside another attack, "But you aren't really accomplishing anything. Unless you are trying to push me towards Lee!'

Doraku suddenly kicked out, and his stolen strength Jutsu sent Neji flying. He used the momentum to do a 180, facing the martial artist. But rather than looking surprised or chagrined, Lee just smirked even as he finished throwing the punch the demon readily blocked. Then the plan became clear when Neji's shadow clone exploded and the original surged through the smoke to the now exposed monster.