Chapter 76: A Kekkei Genkai is Born: Kitsune No Chishio

Naruto suddenly gasped as the warmth in his chest grew, and spread to  the rest of his body. He felt like he somewhere in between the two and  three-tails states in terms of strength, speed, and physical energy;  except his body was not tearing itself apart, and he was not filled with  the fox's hatred and aggression. He could now sense the drugs keeping  him sedated, as well as the jutsu attacking the recently expired seal.  And on top of that, he had more chakra than he had ever felt before,  more than in the four-tails form.

Naruto wanted to call out to the  fox, and demand she explain, but he understood that the demoness was  gone. The idea that she had given up her existence to escape Madara both  saddened and angered him.

"You stupid fuzzball," he exhaled harshly, "I promise you; I'll kill that guy for you."

Naruto took a deep breath and turned his attention outwards.

The intravenous drip in Naruto's left arm exploded free in a burst of lightning chakra. The scientist and her assistants stared at it dumbly, too surprised and confused to react. The captured Chunin's eyes snapped open, and he flexed his newly empowered muscles, snapping the restraints. As Uzumaki sat up, one of the underlings finally recovered enough to produce a kunai and stab at the teen. Naruto caught the older shinobi's arm, and tossed him easily into the wall with a sickening thump. As the three remaining subordinates attacked, Naruto raised his hand, summoning Kitsune with a thought. He parried the first two strikes, and then killed or disabled the closest attacker with a ringing blow to the side of his head. The remaining two researcher ninjas fell in rapid succession, and he turned to their mistress. The Akatsuki's expert was cowering in the corner, her eyes wide with terror.

"Please, don't kill me," she begged, "I'm not a ninja, I just study chakra and jutsu."

He studied her dubiously, but finally lowered his staff-blade.

"Where is Madara Uchiha?" he demanded.

"What?  The founder of the Uchiha clan? But he died eighty some years ago," she  stammered nervously, thinking he had been driven mad.

"He was here with me earlier," Naruto didn't buy her protests, "Tell me where he is."

"That's  impossible," she argued, "my team and I have been with you the whole  time. The only other people who have been in this room with you were  Zetsu and Tobi."

Naruto believed her desperation, and turned to  leave. He grabbed a lab coat hanging near the door, deciding it was  slightly better than running around in his swimsuit. Then he looked back  at her, deadly serious.

"Run," he suggested, "This place won't be here much longer."

She  nodded vigorously, as he exited the lab. But as soon as the door was  closed, she grabbed her phone and punched in Tobi's number.

"Please answer," she begged, her dread lightening to mere worry.

The demon turtle loomed over them, blocking much of the light with its bulk. The Three-Tails opened its mouth slowly, and disgorged a small pond's worth of brackish water at the shinobi. Though they managed to avoid getting hit, the smell was sickening. Kiba and Sasame were both put off balance by the stench and landed roughly. Shino and Lee were already reacting as those two recovered, but Kaede beat them all.

"Raiton:  Least Resistance Strike," the Mist hunter intoned, sending a powerful  lightning attack towards the terrapin, through the water. The monster  shuddered slightly when the voltage coursed through its body, but it  turned to attack the Mizukage's daughter with another burst of putrid  liquid. Before it could open its mouth, Rock Lee bounded up the demon's  shell, and jabbed his now assembled staff into the creature's eye. Even  though it was not injured, the turtle roared and reared back in pain. It  swung its head towards the wall, and the Taijutsu expert had to drop  back to the ground to avoid being crushed.