Chapter 13: The Secret

Come on people.

Need some more votes.

Only have 1......................1!!!!!!

Why?

Do you not like this story?

Tell me.

If you don't.

I will discontinue.

Till further notice.

PM

Or Comment

Thanks,

FanHub

Finally awake, and able to take solid food; Naruto's recovery hastened. The next morning, Naruto was feeling somewhat better, and tried to leave. But Tsunade put him in his place, pinning him to the bed and insisting he stay at least three more days. When he tried to protest, she offered to give him a reason to remain in the hospital longer. Seeing her face, he acquiesced.

Choji came to visit him that morning, bearing a box of snack foods. Of course, before he left, the chubby Chunin had consumed almost a quarter of the box himself. After lunch, Hinata had arrived with Shino and Kiba. After a few minutes of conversation, her teammates left Hinata alone with Naruto. Hinata was back to her usual self, and Naruto was not sure if he was more relieved or disappointed that she had not continued, or even acknowledged, their romantic interlude from the previous afternoon. Naruto, however, was uncomfortable, he felt guilty for keeping his secret from Hinata, and worried she knew. And even worse, how would she react when she knew?

When Naruto's dinner arrived, Hinata gracefully fled from the prospect of hospital food, promising to return the next day. For the first time since that fateful misunderstanding, Naruto was happy to see her go. With Hinata gone, the weight of his omission was lessened. When he finished eating, the teen found he was exhausted; and realized why the Hokage had insisted he remain.

Naruto awoke bored and full of energy again; but the Sannin's threat loomed in his mind and he stayed in bed. Sakura appeared in the middle of the morning, accompanied by Sai. The newest member of team 7 presented Naruto with his own odd version of a get well card; a highly detailed painting of a deathly pale Naruto being carried into the Hidden Leaf Village by Neji Hyuga. Naruto's dismay and embarrassment were tempered by another pang of guilt when he saw how distraught Hinata looked in the picture. He decided to tell Hinata the truth that very day.

Hinata arrived just before lunchtime, bearing food, a deck of cards, and Hanabi. His plans dashed, Naruto tried to act normal while the sisters entertained him.

Later that afternoon, Iruka and Anko came to check on Naruto, and the Hyuga girls left.

"Sister, Naruto was acting strangely, don't you think?" Hanabi asked shortly after they exited the hospital, "I don't think he wanted me there."

"No," Hinata sighed, "It wasn't you. He was the same yesterday. I fear I made a terrible mistake."

Hanabi gazed intently at her older sibling, waiting for her to elaborate.

"After Naruto woke up," Hinata continued after a few long moments, "I... I told him I love him. And then I tried to kiss him."

The young Genin's eyes went wide, and then she laughed, "Sister, I did not think you had it in you."

"But I promised Naruto I would not pressure him."

"You both promised to accept the other's feelings," Hanabi reminded her.