Never A Dull Moment (lyttlejoe)

Never A Dull Moment

In the newspaper office, CG was busy,  not really the time to talk so I said I'd see her later and took another walk. 

Billy was getting better and I had a chat with Rue. There was some mention of a ring that left her feeling blue. Not something I could help with so continued on my way. 

On the way out of the casino, Ronan told me about his brother's wife who showed up the other day. I wondered how he felt himself; the wives were both together when the rain was all shot up. Another case of not my business, nothing more for me to say.

Back at the jail, the boys were busy. Paperwork for the County Marshall replaced the circus flyers. Wyler's boys and the riverboat girls would be picked up soon and transported to County for trial. CG had left word with Brody that Leo Write's girlfriend as coming to BG to see him and they weren't sure if they should do the paperwork for him just yet.

I told them to hold off on Write, I needed to find Raven and get his story again about this Steely-Eyed person. If his girlfriend shows up, don't let her in the cell with him. I don't need more escape plans.

"Now," I said, picking up the circus flyer with the picture of the scantily clad lady on a tightrope, "what's this circus business I'm hearing about?"