Opps I didn't mean to pry (NehpetsEnal)

Oops I didn't mean to pry

It was a beautiful day and the meeting room was full of light as the family gathered for its first meeting since Denver's recovery. The atmosphere was vibrant, and the room echoed with the sounds of conversation and banter, but the outstanding question was, what is a Roulette Wheel doing at the heart of the table?

As was inevitable the beat began to slow as the lips buzzing like Hummingbird wings eased, and their flight lessened to a flutter, as they circled the table to land on a perch.

Everyone it appears had assumed Denver and Missy would be seated at its head and naturally left the furthest perches from the door vacant. Annie who felt comforted sat between her friend Petra and Bart was still unsure as to why she'd been invited and was naturally a tiny bit nervous. This was not a feeling to which she was accustomed, believing that nothing could be more intimidating than working for CG, who constantly kept her on her toes.

"Brett, what's behind the Roulette Wheel, asked Bart?"

But before he could answer, Shadow interjected.

"He doesn't know why, Dad asked him to bring it here without explanation, oops!"

"Yes, that's right, Brett responded, I don't have a clue!"

Turning to face Shadow he placed his hand on hers and asked.

"Oops, my sweet sister, does this mean, there are no secrets around here anymore?"

She was visibly embarrassed and began to blush, that even with the dark hue of her perfect skin it was obvious.

"Sorry it wasn't my intention to pry; I'm so used to living in the background I just find myself drifting unintentionally from one person or place to another."

"Don't worry Sis, said Brett, I'm just teasing, we know that you and Mum, enhance each other's gifts and it will take time for you both, to learn self-control

"Don't worry Sis, said Brett, I'm just teasing, we know that you and Mum, enhance each other's gifts and it will take time for you both, to learn self-control."

"Laughing he added, and as for poor Dad, he can't even sleep alone."

She was amazed at the genuine empathy her siblings showed, and her burning embarrassment soon turned to embers, leaving her with that warm glow of belonging.

"Oh, and Bart, don't worry, you can rest assured she didn't visit you and Annie, as no one knew where you were, that's why I came looking."

He curled in stitches as tears of laughter rolled down his face.

"Ha-ha, very funny Brett, oops it looks like we can better trust our personal life with Shadow than you, my sweet brother."

Smiling, he reached out and tenderly clasped Annie's hand and looked her in the eyes, she anticipated what was coming and discretely nodded her agreement.

"Thanks to Bart's, oops premature intervention, we would like to let you all know we are officially a couple."

The announcement was met with rousing applause and congratulations that were shared by Denver and Missy who'd arrived arm in arm, even in their advancing years, they still make a striking couple, especially Missy who just didn't seem to age.

Jhonny who carried what seemed like a bag of cash had followed them into the room, it seems the presence and purpose of the Roulette Wheel were about to be revealed.

But first and foremost came the meet and greet, walking around the room, they welcomed everyone with a round of hugs, kisses and congratulations, whilst encouraging them all to do the same, a suggestion that was welcomed and reciprocated with overwhelming enthusiasm, it was obvious they were beginning to enjoy the pleasure of being a family.