Filling A Need (Ruechari)

Filling A Need

Seconds behind him, Brandy kept out of sight

Seconds behind him, Brandy kept out of sight. Knowing she'd have to ride through the night. She had to keep ahead of him. "Let the fun begin."

She felt a little envious of Lou. How in the world did she manage to make these men want to be better? She pushed the thought away. After all, where did it get her?

Shot by an ex-husband. Who ends up killing himself. Now they were all depending on Bruce.

"I could probably do a better job myself."

Brandy knew she wasn't one to lead. More of a "fill a need", which made her more of an absentee when it came to Lou, certainly.

Dad wanted to keep the family together, but it turned out to be an impossible task. Lou and her turned informers. The more people they could ask.

That's how Lou found her in a brothel in Rickety. Lou paid a handsome sum to set her free. Brandy stuck around for a while but Lou's new life didn't fit her style.

Brandy knew how to manipulate a man. Getting what information she can.

Yet with all the information running around, still, her siblings could not be found.

She shook off the melancholy. Patted her horse, Holly. "Come on girl. We need to get going if we're to reach BG. The sooner I get this over with the sooner we head back to Destiny."

She already missed her bar. "To Hell and Back" was a reservoir of never-ending information, coming from both near and far.

Brandy had a variety of clientele. Some of them made her offers but her soul she wouldn't sell. She had a good operation. Complete with the right muscle.

Then she got Lou's letter. Brandy knew the moment she read it, she'd already lost Lou. She headed to Oh Aces to see what she could do.

Bruce decided he's all in. The charade had to begin. He seems strong-willed but she knew what he didn't. This job, not done right, will get you killed.

She had to watch over Bruce until she felt certain. At least it kept her from thinking and therefore hurtin'. She hoped he had connections in BG that could make that happen more easily.

She got to town, and she was impressed. More to this place than she would have guessed. The forge and stables the first thing she saw. Better get Holly some rest in a stall.

Petra stopped hammering she couldn't believe her eyes "There's no way this is happening," she grinned. "Brandy Vine?!"

Brandy was about to reply.