I Still Don't Know Why (NehPetsEnal)

I still don't know why

Several weeks had passed and Denver's recovery had taken longer than expected, the hole was large and the strain on his system had been immense, he' been in good hands and never gave up the fight.

The delay had given the family time to do a thorough job and Denver the time to go over their findings with a fine-tooth comb, the level of detail and incite was incredible, he knew when the day finally came, the family business was going to be in fine hands.

It was time to call the family together, he would have asked Bart, but he was nowhere to be found, as a norm he was never far from the books, but not this evening.

He asked Brett, but he never had a clue.

"Mmm it looks like you have the job then son, could you please muster the family, from what I've read we have some interesting and some truly surprising things to discuss

"Mmm it looks like you have the job then son, could you please muster the family, from what I've read we have some interesting and some truly surprising things to discuss."

"OK Pop, your wish is my command, when do I summon the knights to Camelot?"

"Ha-ha son, very funny, but it's not a command or a summons it's a request, lest we forget we are now a team."

"Can you also assure that Annie O'Cappela attends."

"Pop, is that because of Bart's interest in her?"

"Hardly, if that were the case son, she'd be invited by Bart.

If he'd chose to do so, it would be fine with me, and just so it's clear when the time comes, yours and the girl's wishes would be respected in the same way."

"Thanks, Pop, that's good to know, but then why?"

"Because from where I look, this young woman has shown great character and respected our family' wishes to restrict the amount of information she has provided to her employer, irrespective of her ambitions and has earned my respect."

"That's true Pop, no argument from me there."

"Good, because it's now time to remove those invisible reins and allow her to share her honest experience of the family, with the larger BG family, in the hope it will show that we truly wish to be part of it."

"Oh, one other thing, could you have a Roulette Wheel and a bag of balls dragged into the meeting room."

And with a wink, he said.

"Don't ask me why and Jhonny, here will be only too happy to make sure the message gets Petra, so he can spend some time with his buddy Ron."

"Oh, and as for when, would yesterday be too soon Okay?"

"Sure, thing Pop, message received loud and clear."

"Right then, off with the pair of you."

Jhonny, didn't need telling twice, any excuse for time ashore with Ron, was gratefully accepted, he was across the gangway before Bart had put on his boots.

First on his list were Missy and Shadow who were sat in the galley, laughing and joking over breakfast, he had no explanation, but the sight of them together brought a lump to his throat. The sight of him choking as he spoke caused them convulsions of laughter, spattering their breakfast across the table. Blushing with embarrassment he spurted out the message and scurried off in search of Bart.

He went straight to his room and in his usual manner barged in without introduction but found no one there. He was a gambling man and quickly worked out the odds and the chances of him being anywhere else, other than with Annie.

The sly dog, he'd given nothing away, but did he expect anything else from his elder brother, no not a chance he'd show a woman any disrespect. He reached her room just in time to see intimate arms slipping from each other at her door and Bart turning to walk barefoot across the deck, with a smile from ear to ear.

 He reached her room just in time to see intimate arms slipping from each other at her door and Bart turning to walk barefoot across the deck, with a smile from ear to ear

"Mmm, quite clearly 'The cats got the milk', joked Brett as they came face to face."

Taken completely by surprise, he slipped and stubbled and in a split second was sitting on his ass. Tears of laughter were rolling down Bart's cheeks as he reached out a hand to help him up and Annie came rushing to the door at the sound of the crash. The look on her face was a joy to watch as she too began laughing at the sight of him spread-eagled on the floor, with his boots and clothes scattered everywhere. There was only one thing left to do, he dragged Brett down with him, and before long they are laughing aloud as they rolled around on the deck. Denver, Missy and Shadow arrived attracted by the laughter and joined in from the balcony above.

Denver and Missy shared a knowing look, everything boded well for a good day.