A Newcomer (MysteriousDryad)

A Newcomer

A single wagon strolled into town wearing all black my curiosity spiking.

Closer and closer to the saloon, it came. A single indent recognizing it immediately as ... Alec's Wagon!

Thinking to myself, "He wouldn't come all this way just for me? Would he?!?"

Stopping at the saloon I stood up shaking nervously. His hat he took off, smirking, to speak two words I thought I would never hear. "Hello, Bella," his voice colder and deeper than before.

"Why you here? How'd you find me? What do you want with me?"

"What do you think Bella? You didn't ask why I brought her home you packed up everything and left. I missed you Bella."

"I didn't need to after your little speech! If my father was alive he would shoot you down right now!"

"I came after you did I not?"

Grabbing his gun out of the holster, I went for my knife but I was to slow. A muzzle against my head at gunpoint. Never would I have thought he would do this.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Cocking the gun ready to pull the trigger at any moment whispering "I would watch it if I were you Bella, you are in no position to argue."

Nibbling on my ear lobe he started his assault. Making quite a scene in the middle of the street.

3Gun excused himself a moment from CG. 

"Are you seeing this?" he asked Brody. "Don't tell me—"

"It must be him. She was afraid he'd come."

"Don't do anything rash Brody, at gunpoint he holds her."

"I can see that Sheriff!"

As Alec continued his assault on my ear and neck I was inching slowly for my knife.

"Hey! Town rules! All weapons must be surrendered upon entering the town. Guess you didn't see the sign?" Brody said as he approached the scene.

"I can assure you, deputy, she'll be dead before that happens. If you don't want to watch her die I would back off!"

Upon hearing his words Brody stopped in his tracks. 

With Alec's attention on Brody, I was able to take my knife and burying it deep in his leg. Before pulling it out again.

Grunting in pain "That was a bad idea, Bella, now you'll pay the price!"

Twisting away so the muzzle wasn't at my head I was readied to defend myself.

Aiming the gun at my head,  "Say hi to your mother for me," Alec snarled evilly.

With Brody inched nearer. He pushed Alec away. The sound of two gunshots could still be heard throughout the town.

Searing pain fired up in my lungs. Looking down blood stained my shirt.

Alec laid motionless blood pouring from a gunshot wound to his head.

Looking back up,  Brody was approaching. Tears brimmed my eyes thinking I would suffer the same fate.

"It's okay Bella," Brody gathered me in his arms.  "He can't hurt you. He can't hurt you ever again."

Speaking seemed impossible now. Breathing too.  Collapsing in the process.

"Whoah, whoah! I got you."

Brody swept me up into his arms

3Gun approached the scene.  A shotgun slung over his shoulder. "Go on. Take her to Doc. I'll get Unger to clean this mess up."

Rushing me to the Doc as fast as he could. Knowing Doc would do his best to help her. Brody prayed she didn't die in his arms.