Keep Your Enemies Close (ARCase, Ruechari, baileygaines)

Jacob was turning twenty- three, so Brandy found it to be the perfect opportunity to have him and Josie meet Bruce in Tent City.

She invited her siblings over for a meal. Bruce agreed to the deal. Brandy tidied the cottage of Lou but it was now her home too.

She didn't like being here. It reminded her Lou was no longer near but Brandy put those feelings aside. Putting on a smile to hide, what she truly felt inside.

She also tried to remember the cake Mother used to make for Jake, tonight there was a lot at stake. She needed Bruce and her brother to get along and try and respect one another.

She did not need Jake making trouble. She needed Bruce to become a leader on the double. Moving the informant ring in BG was long overdue. She needed to get it up and running for Lou.

Bruce had loved Lou. That much was true. But Brandy was growing tired of hearing about how great Lou was, coming from everyone's mouth. Into a saint, death had turned Lou. Brandy would never measure up she knew and she never really wanted to.

Yet she would never escape the shadow of Lou. Forever compared to the things her sister could do. Brandy knew it was wrong to think ill of the dead but the anger and pain wouldn't leave her head.

As Brandy was frying some chicken Josie and Jake showed up. Bruce like a gentleman offered to show them in. He welcomed Josie and Jake and gave his hand a firm shake.

Bruce just stared at Josie because it blew him away how much she looked like a mini-Lou in every way

Bruce just stared at Josie because it blew him away how much she looked like a mini-Lou in every way. "You're as beautiful as your sister", was all he could say.

"You really think I look like Brandy? Jake always said I look like Lou." Bruce just smiled at her, "That you do, too."

Josie skipped into the kitchen all smiles. She acted as though she hadn't seen Brandy in a while. It had only been a day but Brandy found it sweet anyway.

Brandy strained her ears to listen to Bruce and Jake, to overhear. Josie chattered and licked the icing spoon while Jacob was asking Bruce why the wedding was so soon.