Strip.

Summary : based on an AU , the reader tries searching for her soulmate through a thin coloured strip around his wrist.

Warning : none , just fluff.

Word count : 1344 words

————————————————————————
Y/N's POV

My eyes squinted in my sleep as the bright rays of sunshine hit my face , the tiny little birds chirped as a sign of my wake up call. A sharp inhale filled my lungs as I stretched upon the bed , wiggling my feet at the every end.

I gently lifted myself up , running my fingers through my wavy locks as I eased down my bed head. A loud sigh let itself loose as I looked down on my arm , the brown strip still notably visible. It's been prevalent ever since I stepped into this world , a meaningful strip that I never got the significance of.

My feet swung across the bed as I shivered while it hit the cold floor before sliding into my fluffy slippers. Kat and I had planned on meeting up today , to catch up on our daily life.

We decided to meet at our local café shop that want just around the corner. Between all our laughs and giggles , a blazing effect was prominent. I looked down on my wrist to find the brown strip change into an electric blue. He's dyed his hair !

That what my only sign , an indication to find my soulmate. I quickly pulled down my sleeves until it covered my arm perfectly , the igniting blue strip now in hiding.

The quest for his search had begun.

-

Colby's POV

The spice in my life had almost disappeared , making my life awfully boring. Maybe it was time for a change ?

I quickly grabbed onto my phone and dialled up Stephanie , my hairdresser while scheduling for an appointment. To my luck , she was currently free. So I drove to her place , ready to spice my life.

"So , what would you like for today?" Stephanie asked me while running her fingers through my smooth hair. "Colour. I want some type of colour in it." I blurted out , checking myself through the wide glass in front of me.

"Any preferences ?" She asked me while I nodded my head , explaining to her how I always wanted electric blue hair and so it was done. My tips were now dyed in blue as she left some parts of it still brown.

-

Y/n's POV

I stayed at home for a couple of days , wondering who could actually be my soulmate and whether I actually met the guy before.

I looked out a blue haired boy to walk straight in front of me , but found none. Until one day , Kat thought it was a good idea to take me over for a pizza night as she dragged me to her boyfriend's apartment.

She introduced me to everyone while my eyes were caught up on someone in the room , Colby. The blue haired boy. I thought about how he could possibly be the one but realised it was too good to be true.

Fair enough to say , I bonded well with Colby. We clicked instantly as we meet , blending in with our similarities.

The group was too busy talking about their ideas for a video or either just in general when Colby leaned in against me , "wanna go out for a bit ?" I nodded quickly as he held onto my hand and pulled me up.

None of the others actually figured out we had left , which made it easier for us. He lead the pathway , taking me up to the roof as we sat there , watching the stars twinkle under the dark blue sky.

"What's that ?" Colby asked me , pointing towards my wrist. Abruptly , I pulled down my sleeve , hiding it once again.

"Nothing." I mumbled , looking away from his eyes. "Oh come on y/n. I won't tell anyone." He promised , holding my hand into his whilst slowly pulling my sleeve. His fingers brushed upon the blue strip , analysing it throughly.

"I dont know honestly. I've had it ever since I was born , never really bothered figuring it out." I lied since I didn't want to seem like a crazy girl to him , talking about how my soulmate exists out there.

"You know.." he started off. "It could signify something about your soulmate." He said , making my eyes go wide. He believes it in too ?

"W-what do you mean ?" I stuttered , my heart rate increasing. "Maybe it's something that describes your soulmate." He stated , loosening his grip on my hand as he stared back at the stars.

"So , you do believe in soulmates ?" I questioned him. His eyes twinkled and his head rolled back while letting out a soft chuckle. "Duh. I believe that everyone has a soulmate out there , waiting for them." He stated.

"Have you found yours yet ?" You asked him nervously , hoping he hasn't. "Nope , not yet. But maybe I might have." He said , looking deep into my eyes.

I turned into a bright crimson colour as my head fell down , still thinking about the words that left his mouth. "And who knows ? Maybe I could be yours ?" He laughed out , pointing towards the flashing blue strip wrapped around my wrist. Maybe , I hope so.

Our little night ended soon , Colby helped me walk back home as we talked about random things before saying goodnight to each while he parted ways.

-

Colby's POV

I loved her , a lot. She wasn't like the other girls I've meet and truth be told , I'm secretly hoping I was her soulmate , and there was only one way to find out.

I called up Stephanie again , booking yet another appointment. She gladly agreed to meet up and do the job. This time I was leaning towards a different path , Red. The colour the of love.

I couldn't wait to look at the strip wrapped around her wrist , wishing for it to turn into a washed out red pigment. It felt as though the next day was a million years away , and so I left my apartment , driving at a high speed to get to her.

I walked up to her apartment , taking a few deep breaths before I rang the bell. My anxiety shot the roof once she swung the door open.

She looked at me agape , her eyes wandering across my head as she looked at my newly dyed hair.

I took a few steps until I was standing in her apartment , closing the door shut behind me as my eyes were still locked on her. Her hands were covered up by yet another long sleeve shirt , making me bit my lip anxiously.

She froze in her place while she stared at me with utter amazement. I moved forwards , now being inches away from her face as I tugged on her hand , bringing it up into view.

Both of our breaths were unsteady , I could've sworn I could see stars. Her vision got hazy while tears brimmed her eyes , I gently pulled down the sweater still maintaining eye contact , being too afraid to look at the truth.

My eyes shut tight , sighing out loud once I saw the lightened red strip around her wrist. She brought her body closer , leaning her forehead against mine as she cried out with joy.

"Told you I found her." I said , making her chuckle shortly before she let out a sniff.
"I've finally found you." She said , looking up at me through her beautiful lashes , a warm and calm smile was flashed towards me.

"I know it's too early but , I love you." I confessed, holding her face up through her chin. "I love you too." Her eyes twinkled as it flickered from my eyes to my lips.

"Kiss me." She uttered suddenly , standing on her tippy toes. I tied my hands around her waist , leaning down before closing the space between us.

Butterflies fluttered all throughout as the noticeable strip around her wrist ignited , glowing the darkened room as it faded away. Clearing her wrist since we finally found one another.