Rivalries ? // 3

I was finally belonged into the kingdom , the people treating me as their Queen warmed my heart , knowing I'd stick up for them no matter what. Our kingdom's we're finally at peace as the the town celebrated our joy through festivity. The streets were filled with colourful ribbons joining the terraces of each habitation along with music and drinks for the people to be fond of.

My eyes looked at the outskirts through the gallery of the palace , watching our people finally breath peacefully.

The rattling of the glass door caught my attention as the King joined me , a proud smile plastered upon his face.

"My Queen , I'd like to show you something , if you may ?" He spoke , breaking the silence. His gloved palm was brought forward , hoping I'd join him as he waited for my queue.

The King was a gentleman at heart , noble and kind of deed. It was hard to keep my feelings contained , especially my love for him. By some means , his gestures seemed to bring forth the feelings I had hidden deep within , my heart fluttering at the thought of having to feel is skin run through mine.

I smiled widely and placed my hand into his , following his little journey into one of the rooms.

The velvet carpeted floors gave in a sophisticated vibe , the walls brought in a sense of mystery as silence surrounded us.
"Why am I here ?" I whispered , completely intimidated by the silence.

Our feet travelled towards the vault placed at the centre of the room , a crown placed in between four walls entirely made up of protective glass.

"This crown belonged to my mother." King Cole said , his eyes adoring his mother's belonging. "It was placed her once she passed away."

My heart shattered into two , partly feeling sorrowful for the loss of his mother but partly grieving over how I lost my father due to a battle too.

"From then on this was my safe haven , a place I'd lock myself out from the cruel world , just to focus on myself." His eyes wetting at the very instant. My hand flew across his shoulders , soothing his sorrow down.

"I'm still under the hiding as to why I've been brought here.." I whispered , disturbing his everlasting grieve.

The king pulled out a key , placing it into the lock of the vault as he pulled out the crown , a small smile painted across his lips.

"Queen y/n , I now offer this up to you." He said while kneeling down beside me. His hands held onto the crown as he lifted it up to me , taking me aback by his behaviour.

"Why me?" I asked , feeling my heart race at a million miles per second. For the first time ever , I felt myself falling deep for someone with a subtle fear of it collapsing down.

"I'm afraid that I'm in love with you My Queen." His cheeks turned a slight vermilion shade , his sky blue eyes turning electric.

"I will not wear this crown." I spoke out , watching his eyes turn grey with gloom as he arose from his position. His face turning dry and lifeless with rejection. "Unless I rule by your side , as Your Queen." I blurted out , a cheeky smile accustomed upon my lips.

"I'm afraid I've fallen for you too My King." His eyes widen with shock before squinting with joy , his hand lifted up above my head as he placed the crown down , crowning me as his.
His frame leaned in as he filled the gap between us , his lips lingering over mine for a split second , providing me with impatience.
"Oh Just kiss me already." I said , feeling smile creep up against my soft lips.

"Whatever you want My Queen." He said , kissing me passionately as we celebrated the joy of our unity , making me his forever