t w e n t y o n e

Melissa's POV

I slammed my front door and stomped towards my bedroom throwing my purse on the ground next to me

I slammed my front door and stomped towards my bedroom throwing my purse on the ground next to me. Pissed wasn't even the word for how I felt after the shit James just pulled at the doctor's appointment. Then he had the nerve to just pull off without speaking to me. That nigga just makes me want to strangle him sometimes. All this shit made me start to think about Dre and how much I would love to hear his voice. He always had a way to calm me down and make me feel better about stressful situations. Then I remembered that I hadn't talked to him since our argument. Fuck it, I thought and pulled out my phone and pressed his contact information. I sat down on the bed and waited for Dre to answer the phone.

"Hello" his voice echoed through my iPhone. "Dre.." I said not really knowing what to say to him. There was an awkward silence between us. "What do you want Melissa" he asked sounding irritated. "I-I wanted to apologize for the last time we spoke" I said. He sighed and waited for me to continue. "I know I should've told you about James and not—" "and not lead me the fuck on, right" he interrupted. I looked down at my feet and started feeling bad about how everything played out. "You know what? I don't even know why I'm having this conversation with you. You always go back to him. He treats you like shit every chance he gets but it's like you don't care" he said raising his voice.

"Dre I-" "NO, let me finish talking. I was there for you when that nigga wasn't. I was ready to raise a child that wasn't mine because I loved you. I would never hurt you the way he has. But you want to run up behind a nigga who would drop your weak ass tomorrow if Naomi came back. You think he really gives a fuck about you? James only gives a fuck about James, and until you see that... we don't have shit else to talk about. Don't call my fucking phone again Melissa" he spat and hung up the phone.

I immediately let go of the phone as it slipped into my lap and tears fell down my cheeks. The one person I thought would be there to comfort me just hung up in my face. I managed to mess up one of the only people who truly cared for me and I felt like shit. I rubbed my belly and exhaled deeply from the pain of my little one kicking me. Wiping my eyes, I got up and walked into my bathroom to start the water for a bath. I stripped from my clothes and stared at my body in the mirror. I lovingly stared at my bump and thought about what he would look like and I smiled at the thought of holding him. All that mattered to me was him and I couldn't wait to be his mommy.

Dre's POV