f o r t y ( II )

Troy's POV

I walked into Truth and knocked on Dre's door

I walked into Truth and knocked on Dre's door. "What's up?" He called out as I walked in. "Everything good?" he asked as I took a seat in front of the desk and grabbed the water bottle that rested there. Opening it to take a sip, I responded. "Yeah, I'm straight" I responded lowly. "What did you want to talk about?" Dre asked. "My homie wanted to throw a party here, he wanted to know how much you would charge. Since you my boy, I didn't want to just throw some out there" I said. Dre rubbed his beard and glared at me, "When's the party?" he asked.

"I don't know, I just told him I'd get with you on a price" I replied. "Bring him up here Friday night and we can talk. I shouldn't be too busy while this party is going on" he said. My ears perked up at the word 'party'. "Party for what?" I asked sitting up in the chair. "Man, Mel got me putting together some shit for Friday, she said it's supposed to be big and wants it to be the best of the best" Dre said with emphasis.

"Oh word? You think she'll mind if I showed up?" I chuckled. "We ain't paying you for no more appearances if that's what you think" Dre joked. I shot a nasty look at him, "It ain't even like that bro. I like the set up ya'll got here, and my boys think so too" I said looking around his office. "What's up with you two?" Dre said furrowing his brow.

I brushed my hand across my beard, "Nun. What you mean?" I asked nonchalantly. "Come on T, you gave me the 25 bands back the day after coming here for the first time. You just walked Melissa out to "check" on her." Dre said with a sly grin, "You hitting that or what?" Dre asked in a serious tone. I couldn't believe the shit coming out of his mouth right now, "Man nah, it ain't even like that. Ya girl just be looking stressed sometimes so I thought I'd ask if she was okay" I said changing the subject, hoping he'd drop it.

"You know that girl is off limits. She's not available if that's what you thinking..." Dre warned. "I know" I said in an annoyed tone. "Man I ain't come here about no female, I came to talk business" I said completely dropping the issue and raising from my seat. Dre looked at me in disbelief, "Man chill, you know I ain't mean it like that." Dre said.

Dre had always been the type to warn me and the homies about a chick he's already been with. I can tell he had to have been with Mel at some point, I could tell by the way he looked at her while she worked. I'm not afraid of Dre, and I already know Mel's involved. But it ain't Dre business to know what I discuss with her, that's all I'm saying "It's cool." I said, "I gotta get to the gym, I'll let J know to come with me on Friday so ya'll can link. Aight?" I said before dapping Dre and leaving.

**

Melissa's POV