t h i r t y t h r e e

Melissa's POV

Nothing would make me happier than to get out of this depressing ass penthouse, I thought to myself every morning as a woke up

Nothing would make me happier than to get out of this depressing ass penthouse, I thought to myself every morning as a woke up. I turned over and looked and checked to see if James was lying next to me. Once I saw the empty space, I exhaled then felt the feeling of relief. Every time James left for work it was like a giant cloud floated away from me. We have come so far into our relationship but sadly, I feel like it is going completely down the drain.

Every day I felt like I had to walk on eggshells around James, as anything and everything I did pissed him off. He was rude and agitated all the time, and it got so bad that it made me sick to even be in his presence. Pushing the large comforter off of my body, I took a hot shower then got dressed in some comfortable sweats and tied my hair in a bun making sure to lay my edges. Putting on my diamond stud earing's James got me a while ago, I stood and looked at myself in the mirror before turning off the lights and walking out. I walked over to Kylan's room and got him ready for the day since I bathed him the night before.

My baby boy never fails to put a smile on my face. But every time I looked at him, I saw James and I saw how James was failing him as a father. My son deserves a healthy father, not some crackhead with a bad temper. I dressed him in a similar outfit so we could match. I like corny stuff like that. "You are too cute" I cooed at him and poked his nose. He giggled and flashed his gummy smile.

Nicki and I had decided to go to the mall and do some shopping. I wasn't a huge fan of the mall but anything that involved me getting out of the house sounded amazing. My phone buzzed letting me know that she sent me a text letting me know she was downstairs. I grabbed Kylan's car seat and attached it to his stroller then walked onto the elevator. Once we made it outside, I saw Don's white Range Rover parked directly in front of our building.

The car door sung open and Nicki's small stature hopped out of the car to come and help me. "Hey pretty girl" she smiled. I waved and smiled back. "Hey Nick" I said. She picked up Kylan and strapped his car seat into the back seat while I loaded the stroller in the trunk.

Once we loaded up the car, I hopped into the passenger seat and she drove off towards the mall. On the ride over, we made small talk while 90's R&B music played softly in the background. I kept sneaking peeks at Ky through the rearview mirror to make sure he was good. "Girl he is fine" she laughed. "I can definitely tell you're a first time mom" she joked. I playfully rolled my eyes and chuckled a bit.

"That's my baby. I just want to make sure he's good" I responded. "I remember when I first had Kairi. I wouldn't let that little girl out of my sight. I barely let Don hold her" she laughed. I giggled and shook my head. "James literally has to remove Kylan from my arms just to get a turn to hold him" I said. She laughed then turned into the mall parking lot.

___________________________________

"You looking for anything specific" she asked while we walked through Macy's. I shrugged my shoulders, "Not really. I think I'm going to get some stuff for Ky" I said looking down into the stroller. I caressed his face and he stirred a bit in his sleep. "Kairi wants the new Yeezy's because all the kids in school has them" Nicki rolled her eyes as she mocked her daughter. "Leave my baby alone, she just wants to look nice" I said with a chuckle. "Then her little ass needs a job. Those shoes ain't cheap" she joked. I waved her off as we walked into Carter's.