t w e n t y f o u r

James' POV

Melissa has been ignoring me for the last few days and I couldn't get her to speak more than two words to me

Melissa has been ignoring me for the last few days and I couldn't get her to speak more than two words to me. She would ignore me every chance she got. As I laid in the bed watching ESPN, Mel opened the bathroom door and hot steam rushed out. She had just taken a shower and her wet curls hung down her back. "You good" I asked. She looked up at me, nodded, then quickly looked away. I sighed and turned my attention back to the tv. She walked past me and into the walk-in closet.

Melissa's POV

Being around him all day made me sick and I was tired of carrying his heavy ass baby around

Being around him all day made me sick and I was tired of carrying his heavy ass baby around. My back hurt constantly, and my feet were swollen that it almost hurt to walk. I grabbed the only thing that fit me, leggings and a big sweater, then walked out of the closet and slipped them on after I put on some lotion. I walked back into the bathroom to brush my teeth then I tied my freshly washed hair back into a slick low bun. I laid my edges then spritzed my favorite YSL perfume on before walking back into the room. Rolling my eyes at the sight of a shirtless James sprawled out on the bed with one hand behind his head and the other in his pants, I walked out and into the kitchen.

My stomach growled from hunger and I made my way over to the fridge. I pulled out some food to start making some lunch. I decided to make myself a turkey sandwich with some chips. Before I could close the fridge, I jumped at the sound of James' deep voice. "Can you make me one too" he asked. "Shit James, you scared me" I said clutching my chest. He chuckled. "Sorry baby" he said and sat at the island. I could feel him looking at me as I made our sandwiches. "What" I asked not looking up from what I was doing.

"Nothing. I can't just look at you" he asked. I rolled my eyes. "No" I said clearly annoyed. He sighed. I finally turned around with two plates in my hands then placed them on the island. "Thanks" he said and kissed my cheek. I shrugged and began eating my sandwich. We sat and ate in silence. He would steal looks at me every now and then. It was kind of pissing me off, but I did my best to ignore it. Once we finished, he grabbed our plates and took them to put them in the dishwasher. I groaned in pain as the baby started kicking. He looked back at me then walked over towards me. He took me into his arms kissing the side of my face. His strong hands rubbed my stomach in an attempt to sooth my pain. Oddly enough, the baby calmed down right away once James touched me.