t h i r t y f i v e

Melissa's POV

I woke up feeling driven, accomplished, and ready to take on the day

I woke up feeling driven, accomplished, and ready to take on the day. Leaning over my nightstand, I grabbed my planner and looked over some things to do for the day. Climbing out of bed, I took a nice hot shower, I got out and wrapped my hair in a towel and threw on my pink silk robe. I grabbed my phone and called Nicki, hoping that Kylan would be up.

Nicki and I talked for a moment and said that Kylan was just waking up. Since Nicki would be keeping Kylan until this weekend, I grabbed Kylan's Gucci overnight bag and glanced around his nursery for more clothes and diapers. I let Nicki know that I would be at her place in an hour and proceeded to finish packing Kylan's bag. 

I missed my baby boy so much and it was hard to believe that I had been away from him this long. It's still hard to believe that James is away from us, I miss my man so much. As I went through Kylan's closet, I couldn't help but feel emotional as I found an outfit that James had picked out for him. Placing the Nike tracksuit in the bag, I grabbed a few more things before packing some extra diapers and wipes.

Placing Kylan's bag in my bedroom, I walked into my closet and found my casual grey suit to throw on for work, I wanted to keep up this boss lady image; but I wanted to be a little laxed today. I decided not to wear my extensions today and I wanted to feel a little free. To add to my "free" look, I decided to go for a neutral face of makeup.

I grabbed my brown Louis Vuitton and Kylan's overnight bag and left the penthouse. I got in the car and drove to Nicki's. Arriving, Nicki opened the door with my son in her arms. I instantly blushed as his cheeks turned red at the sight of me, he showed all of his gums as I picked him up and kissed him happily. "Mama missed you big boy!" I shouted. "Thank you again Nicki!" I said as we walked inside. "Girl you look good!" Nicki chimed as we sat on the couch. 

I couldn't get over how happy Kylan was to see me, I missed him so much! "Thank you mama! I really don't know how to thank you for doing this for me" I said taking off my jacket. "Oh please, girl we family!" Nicki said glancing into the kitchen, "You want some breakfast?" she questioned. "I could eat!" I said playing with Kylan. Nicki got up and headed to the kitchen to fix me a plate of food, "So, I know last night went well, how does it feel managing the club?" she questioned. "It's pretty good, I mean, I can't say too much. I do know that I want my girls in tip top shape when it comes to those drinks though!" I chimed.

 Nicki came back with my plate of grits, bacon, and biscuits. She took Kylan from me and spoke, "How do you like being head honcho and what not?" Nicki asked as I stuffed my face with food.

Wiping my mouth and laughing, I spoke, "I haven't learned everything yet, but it's definitely going to be a challenge. But James left some information with me and if I have any questions I have Dre to help me" I said knowing that Nicki would question me. "Dre..." Nicki's voice trailed, "The same Dre that you used to tell me about?" Nicki questioned. I nodded my head in agreement, Nicki raised her left eyebrow, "How you feel about that? Working alongside him?" she questioned while Kylan pulled at the rings on Nicki's finger.