t h i r t y o n e

Melissa's POV

I've been staying at the Ritz Carlton with Kylan for the past week to clear my head, just to figure out where I wanted to go with this relationship

I've been staying at the Ritz Carlton with Kylan for the past week to clear my head, just to figure out where I wanted to go with this relationship. Since I've been gone, James has blown my phone up nonstop, and uses every chance he gets just see Kylan on Facetime. James knows that anything concerning Kylan, it's my absolute weakness. Considering that I'm not home, and the club can wait, James took a leave of absence to clear his mind as well. As far as I'm concerned, James has no clue when I'm coming home, and he's just gonna have to ride this thing out until he gets his act together. My thoughts were interrupted by a Facetime call from James. Answering the call, I positioned the phone so that James could see our happy baby laid out on the bed. 

"Say hi to daddy" I cooed as Kylan kicked and giggled looking at the screen

"Say hi to daddy" I cooed as Kylan kicked and giggled looking at the screen. I turned the phone to myself and held Kylan in my arms while getting comfortable in bed. "You know I miss you right?" James chimes. Sighing, I directed my attention back to Kylan, "So when can I come by?" James asked as he squared his eyes at my lowcut blouse. Noticing the lust in his eyes, I adjusted my top and glared at Kylan, "Why didn't you tell me mommy's shirt was falling?" I cooed while tapping his nose. "MEL!" James asked in annoyance.

"What James" I asked with attitude laced in my voice as I turned my attention back to him. "You heard me" he said in a huff. I kissed my teeth, "You can come now if you want." I said emotionless. "Alright, I got some things I need to wrap up, I'll be there in 20 minutes" James said before hanging up. Sadly, I wasn't excited to see James at all, I can't keep Kylan from his father, but for some strange reason, I just don't think this visit will go well.

**

It's been an hour since James and I had spoken, and he hasn't called or texted me to say that he would be late. I had already given Kylan a bath and I was starting to get worried. I got a bottle ready for Kylan as I turned the television to RHOA (Real Housewives of Atlanta). Kylan began to kick his legs as I grabbed the bottle, ready to feed him. "Someone's hungry" I joked. As I fed him, I stared at him as he looked in my eyes, "You think daddy's coming?" I questioned. 

Kylan kicked his legs once more. "I just hope he gets here before you go to sleep big boy" I said glancing at the television. A few minutes later, a knock came to the door. I got up from the bed with Kylan in my arms and headed to the door, "Who could that be?" I questioned him. I put the bottle down on the kitchen island and stood at the door burping Kylan. "Who is it?!" I called out trying to avoid being seen in the peephole. "ME!" the voice called out. "Me who?" I asked nervously. "Mel, open this door!" the voice said unamused.