f o r t y s i x

James' POV

"Yeah just meet me at the club" I say before hanging up the phone

"Yeah just meet me at the club" I say before hanging up the phone. Chuckling to myself I poured myself a glass of Scotch and got comfortable in my chair. Sitting there, I felt as if Melissa pushed me to this point, and there's no turning back from this at all. How dare she take my son and leave me? After all I had done for her. Taking another sip of my Scotch, a knock came to the door. "Come in" I yelled. In walked my boy Chaz, "Big C" for short.

"What's up J?" Chaz says walking up to me. I dapped him and offered him a glass. "I'm good" he said. "Take a seat" I said. Chaz and I go way back. He and I were corner boys back in the day; and ever since then we always held each other down. Whenever he got locked up, I kept a burner phone for him inside and always made sure his books were paid. 

If he ever needed anything done on the outside, it was taken care of. The loyalty is mutual, whenever I had issues with anybody trying to mess up the club or anything that would take away from our profit of doing business on the streets; it got dealt with. In return, Big C is one of my bouncers here and he also runs a few plays in the club here and there; so long as he doesn't get caught, we always making money.

"You say you got a job for me" Chaz exclaims. "Indeed" I replied. "So what's up then?" he questions. "I need you to follow my baby mama" I said. Chaz laughs, "Melissa? Why the hell you want me to do that?" Chaz questioned. "I just need you to do this for me for a few days man. I think she got something going on, and I wanna be sure before I pursue other options" I say slyly. "Aight" Chaz says leaning forward in his chair. 

"So how long you need me? What you need me to do while I'm following her? And how much money we talking?" Chaz raises his brows. I slid my chair backwards to open my drawer, I pulled out a stack of money and placed it on the desk. "Here's 5 now, and 5 later once you send me proof of where she's living, where she's been going, and who she's been in contact with." I say harshly. Chaz places his hand on the money, "I can handle that. You want me to bring her back here too?" he questions.

"Nah, but I need to know everything. I know that bitch driving my car too, but I want the proof" I snapped. "Trust me, I got you" Chaz said getting up. "I know a tech guy that can get into her phone, see all her messages and shit, who she's been talking to" Chaz added. "By any means necessary. Just don't touch her and make sure she doesn't notice you" I warned. "I got you" Chaz replied. He took the money from the desk and placed it in his pocket. "You start tomorrow" I spoke.

When Chaz left my office, I felt relieved. Relieved in regard to what was to come. Melissa isn't going to have the last word, I will. 

Melissa's POV