Self-Care Sunday

John's P0V

"Johnathan, I think you need to have a little bit of a self-care day. You're too stressed, and that's not good for you or the baby. Maybe a day to yourself, or close friends, where you just relax and unwind. Huh?" The doctor says to me. 

I consider the idea inside of my head, Peggy and Maria are currently at the park on a date. Eliza and Alex are probably somewhere together. I don't even know what Herc, Laf, Thomas or Angie is doing...so maybe I could use this weekend all to myself. 

"Um, yeah, sure...anything else?" I ask, nervously, I really don't want to have a miscarriage and I just want this entire thing to go over smoothly. 

"Everything is fine, and thanks to some top-notch technology, we know the gender of your baby! Do you wanna know?" The doctor asks I feel excitement rush to my head this is it. 

"Yes please!" 

Time Skip, hehe, I'm mean

"So Maria and I are officially a thing now!" Peggy screeches into the phone. I congratulate her and feel pride in my heart as it was totally my doing. 

"Give me all the details!" I press.

"Okay, Okay, she asked me to be her girlfriend after our little date, which was totally planned by you wasn't it?" Peggy questions, I feel my lips form into a smirk and just the thought of seeing her all confused, and questioning is so funny to me. 

"Yeah, I made the appointment as soon as she asked you out!" I admit, Peggy thanks me and we both erupt into a fit of laughter for no reason. There is something wrong with us. 

Alex's P0V

"YOU'VE BEEN WHAT?!" 

John's P0V

Relaxing, unwinding, and basically all the synonyms for the first word are the perfect words to describe me right now. I'm laying here, on Maria's ottoman, watching Looney Toons like the old days. Snuggled up with a cashmere blanket that Peggy bought her and a stuffed turtle Alex got me back when we used to date. I miss him. 

I know the doctor said I should have this day to myself, but the fact that he's not with me is a distraction to my seemingly good day. I at least want to spend time with him, without the others pestering in my ears. 

Don't get me wrong, I love them, enjoy their company so much, but sometimes they can be a bit of a bother when all I want is Alex. 

It's funny really, he's done me wrong in so many ways, but I feel as if I don't deserve him, he's so adaptable, emotionally focused, strong, and beautiful. His brain is a work of the gods, and so is his structure, his personality is a bit on the 'red flag' side, but I seem to fall for every bit of it. Just the itty bitty things he does for me, like get me food. OH GOD, I LOVE IT WHEN HE GETS ME FOOD. He's just the perfect boyfriend, sure he has a bit of flaws, like how he's unstable, uncontrollable, and highly noncommital but he just hasn't matured yet and when he does, everything will be alright. 

I decide to call him. 

Riiiinnng. 

Riiinnng. Huh, that's weird, he usually picks up on the first ring. 

Riiiinnng. 

Riii- "Yello!" I hear, a chirpy, yet fast-paced voice say. 

"Hey..., I just wanted to talk is this a bad time?" I ask. 

"Oh, it's John, no not a bad time at all- sorry Liz, I gotta take this," He mutters, oh, so he was with Eliza. My predictions are never false. 

"So...how's your day been?" I ask, I try not to waste his time, as he sounds like he was in the middle of something, but I can't help but banter. 

"Oh, um,...weird. Eliza confessed that she was cheating on me..." He replies, he doesn't seem that bothered, nor by the way, I'm using up his time, or by the information he gave me. 

"Oh, I'm sorry...if there's any way I could help, you know I'm right here..." I reply, trying to sound optimistic, but coming out more annoyed. 

"Yup okay." He says...small replies. What the hell is he doing?

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask, keeping my voice smooth and calm. I don't want stress. Not right now. 

"I-um, was kinda, maybe just, havingmakeupsexwithEliza," Alex says, stuttering, and stalling for a bit before forcing out his words. 

He was having makeup sex with Eliza. 

I feel my head get heavy. My eyes start to water. 

"I'll call you back," I mutter before my voice starts straining. I don't want him to know that I'm crying. 

I mean, I understand, that's his love, his girlfriend, I couldn't even beat that. It's just she cheated on him. She fucking played him like a dog and he still took her back. That could've been his chance, to get back with me. 

Now that I think about it, it's not like he doesn't like the affection Eliza gives him. 

Maybe he'd be better off with Eliza. Without me or this baby...

A/N HOLY SHIT IT'S BEEN A WHILE

my phone kinda broke, so I haven't been able to update anything. During this time, I actually won a fucking giveaway which is hella dope. I hope you guys enjoy this, future updates coming soon.........maybe, maybe not. 

Word Count: 900

hehe