Way To Bring Down The Jolly Mood.

sadness...could you imagine?

Peggy's P0V

Maria has been avoiding me nonstop, she didn't come to school, hasn't answered any of my texts or calls, and hasn't been posting on social media. After the group and I decorated my house for Christmas I decided to pay a visit to Maria. A part of me is pissed off, because I'm her girlfriend, and she's ignoring me. The other, more sensible, side of me is worried about her. What happened? Is she okay? Is there something wrong? Did I do something wrong? and more variations of that question. 

I walk up to her house and knock three times on the door. When we first started dating and would go to each other's house she'd knock three times and I'd greet her with a kiss. It's something only us would do and it was special to me. 

She answered. But I got no kiss.

When she answered you could see how in distress she looked. Her eyes were red and puffy, she had so many tearstains on her cheek, her hair was messy, she had no makeup on, she was wearing old baggy clothes and just was off. Now I know, that she was probably just trying to be comfortable but something about Maria is that her physical appearance means a lot to her. Even when she's just at her house by herself, she has to look the best of the best no matter what. 

"Are you okay?" Were the first words that blurted out of my mouth. 

"I- um, no," She whispered. I gave her a confused look and she stepped outside and closed the door. 

"Ria...what's wrong?" I asked. 

"I-um, my aunt, died, and she-she meant a lot t-to me and a part of me feels as if this isn't working out..." Maria murmured. 

"...what?" 

"I just, I just don't think that I'm in a good enough place to be in a relationship right now, I'm sorry, I love you and I wish you the best, I just can't care for another person when I don't even have the willpower to care for myself. Tell everyone I said I'm sorry and that I love them, especially John, and I just, I gotta go..." Maria said quickly, slamming the door afterward. 

Oh my god. 

She just broke up with me.