...And A Happy New Year

(except some major fluff in this chapter! i hope your favorite ships got picked for the ending!)

Alex's P0V

I've come to the realization that I'm incredibly impatient. I asked John a, highly important, question and he's taking forever to answer. Mind you it's been 4 seconds, but I'm scared. I'm scared of my feelings not being returned, this entire thing being a whole joke, a gag, a play on my feelings because of how I've hurt him in the past. That's not something I'm ready for. 

We have a house and a baby on the way, we only need to finish high school and we're set. 

I can see why he'd say no though, I ruined his life. John had thoughts of going to Veterinarian school and opening up his own practice. I could easily go to law school but John had to throw away his shot all because of a baby. I'm a terrible, terrible, monster who has hurt him on multiple occasions. 

"Yes, I promise to be with you forever," He says, pulling me out of my intrusive thoughts. 

I don't think I've ever been happier, the smile on my face is wider than anything else in the world and I'm practically gleaming with delight. My first reaction is to kiss him, thank him, and tell him how much I love him. After doing all that I wrap him in a tight embrace with the thought of never letting go. However, as Angelica comes back holding a big ass bag of Mcdonald's breakfast food my stomach no longer allows me to hold John anymore. I dash making my way to the food and along with the rest of my amazing friends, dive in. 

- time skip (john and alex go home lmao)

"A new years party?" I ask John confused, buttoning up a shirt he bought for me a couple of months ago, he always liked seeing me in this green shade. He turns around after fluffing his hair in the mirror and smiles once he notices the shirt. 

"Yeah, Thomas said he wanted to go into the new years on good terms with everyone, and that includes us," John explains, twiddling with the promise necklace. 

"Oh well, I'd be kind of an asshat to turn down a friendly party invitation and I totally want to get wasted tonight so why not!" I smile. John looks at me with an aggravated expression and I tilt my head in confusion. 

"Lucky. You." He says through gritted teeth. I realize he's upset because he can't drink tonight, so I make a decision I'm probably going to regret. 

"Hey, you know what, if you can't drink, I can't drink, to make things a little more fair for you," I suggest, trying to please him. 

"Alex you don't have to, I'm just teasing you, you can drunk," He rebuts. 

"No no no, I'll stay sober, just for you, and so I can drive us home," I declare dramatically. He rolls his eyes with a smile on his face and we both slip on our shoes to make our way to the Jefferson Mansion. 

John's P0V 

Pulling up in the huge stone driveway I take a second to admire Jefferson's house. I've actually never been here before and I didn't expect him to be loaded in the ways that he is. Alexander and I are greeted by a butler of some sort, opening our doors for us and offering us champagne at the entrance. I decline, knowing I can't drink but the butler insists. I don't exactly want to tell him the reason I'm declining because it's a little too personal but thankfully Thomas comes around the corner to save the day, dismissing his butler. 

"I'm so sorry about that Ryan has come to the conclusion that drunk guests = happy guests and tries to get everyone as wasted as possible," Thomas apologizes, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. 

"It's okay, I'd probably be happier wasted anyway," I tell Thomas with a smile, I feel Alexander's grip in our hands grow tighter and I just laugh at his fairly obvious jealously. He really can't contain himself. Fucking Alpha's nowadays. A woman walks past the doorframe, seeming to try to leave the scene but Thomas notices her and holds her in place. She's wearing a maid outfit that comes all the way down to her ankles and her hair is parted in a really nice way. She's gorgeous. 

"Alexander, John, meet Marissa! Ryan's not the only help we have around here, Marissa will take care of anything you don't want to hold onto right now, including coats, scarfs, gloves, ba-" 

"We're good Thomas, thanks, can I get a water though, my throat is a little parched?" Alex asks, removing his hand from holding mine, to relaxing his arm around my waist. Marissa nods, going to fetch the water and Thomas leads us inside.

We're greeted with a huge chandelier that Alex and I can't keep our eyes off of. 

"The party will be starting soon, you two are earlier, so come to the main banquet hall and help me decide the music," Thomas instructs, we both nod, tearing our eyes off of the diamond chandelier and follow Tommy to the "main banquet hall". 

Turning on some tunes, Alex receives his water and shares some with me as we sit on one of the fancy couches, waiting of r the rest of our friends to arrive. 

The Schuyler Sisters arrive shortly, dressed in fabulous gowns that makes me a little jealous I didn't wear something more formal. Angelica places the bottle of booze down onto the countertop and I whine, wanting to get my hands on it. Alex just laughs at this but I know secretly on the inside he wants some too. Maria, James, and Aaron all show up together and Maria looks, probably the most disgusted I've ever seen her.

"Ria, you okay?" Peggy asks, genuinely concerned. 

"I made the terrible decision to drive and for the split second I turn my head to the backseat I caught James and Aaron making out," She explains, James blushes and Aaron smirks leaving the rest of us to gag in disgust. 

"Gross," Thomas says with a laugh. 

"I know right," Maria replies, going over to the bottle of booze and popping it open before taking a sip. 

"Who else is coming?" Eliza asks, taking a seat next to me on the couch. 

"Oh, we should be it right-" Alex starts before getting interrupted by the sound of a doorbell. 

"Actually..." Thomas says, walking out of the room and into the entry room. We all follow him as he opens the door revealing Herc and Laf. 

"HERCULES!!! LAFAYETTE!!" Everyone screams, jumping onto the two. 

"What're you doing here guys-?" Aaron asks, way more excited than I thought he would be. 

"Hercules bought us a ticket back just in time for New Years', so we quickly packed our things and dashed to the airport," Lafayette explains, his french accent thicker than ever. 

"I'm glad you guys made it back in time, we have around two hours until the countdown so let's get this party started!" Thomas exclaims, followed by the rest of our cheers as we go back into the main entryway and get our party on. 

The ladies waste no time to get, well, wasted and Aaron dives into the assortment of food Thomas laid out for us. Alex and I take our skills to the dance floor, cranking moves left and right and James just sits in the corner before being lead out by Aaron. Everyone becomes so absorbed in having a good time we don't even realize how close it gets to midnight. 

Looking over the clock briefly I take notice that it's 11:57, gaining everyone's attention quickly we all stop what we're doing to take it out to Thomas' balcony. Crowding out into the, surprisingly, tight space, Peggy pulls out her phone to see a world clock. We have about 30 something seconds left until a scream catches us off guard. 

The scream coming from none other than Elizabeth Schuyler as she notices the snow outside. 

Taking in what'll be the first snow of the new year we all start the countdown. Starting off our chants. 

"FIVE!" 

"FOUR!" 

"THREE!"

"TWO!" 

"ONE!" 

"HAPPY NEW YEARS!" We all yell in unison, Aaron pulls James in for a kiss, Maria doing the same with Peggy, and Thomas doing the same with Angelica, catching her (and the rest of us) off guard. Alexander wastes no time at all, copying everyone else and attaching his lips onto mine. Fireworks go off both outside and in my stomach as I relax into his touch. 

(A/N AHHHHHH IT'S FINALLY OVER!!! I'd like to thank everyone who supported this book, please comment your favorite moment of the book and I hope you guys are doing well in the new year. Happy Holidays Loves!) 

Word Count: 1497