Thanksgiving Adventures Pt. 4: The Finale

Here we are! Also, this is the finale of Thanksgiving Adventures, not the book, wanted to make sure no one was confused. 

Herc's P0V

"Are you sure everything's alright with your family, I don't want to be intrusive..." Aaron mutters as he carries his things to my front doorstep. 

We all originally planned to spend Thanksgiving with Laf's parents, but after a not-so-good argument, they practically cut them off and we didn't want to eat cold leftover turkey in that hotel room so we're staying with my family. 

It's a little last minute and there's a lot of us but I'm pretty sure Mam and Nanay won't mind. James is my cousin, so they love him, and they've already met Laf and Alex. After I cleared things up with Alex, and after some long persuading, my moms let Alex come. The rest of the group hasn't met my moms yet and are going to have a nice surprise. 

Note: Because this is at Hercules's house, most of this chapter is going to be in his POV! 

"I'm pretty sure Mam and Nanay are going to love you! They love everyone," I reply to Aaron. His face is full of worry but soon James grabs him by the arm. 

"Don't worry...they love me, and I'm the biggest nuisance you can get, they're going to love you. Trust. Me." James murmurs into his ear. Everyone looks at them with the cutest faces but we all don't say anything. I just open up the door to my mothers' warm, traditional house and place our bags by the stairs. 

"You aren't a nuisance James..." Aaron mutters. James just shuts him up by placing his finger along his lips and I swear my heart cracked at all the fluff. 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night A-Aron," James whispers, both boys bursting into fits of giggles and chuckles. Oh my lord, they are so cute, I don't think I can handle it. 

"Mam! Nanay! We're here!" I shout. Mam comes racing down the stairs, almost slipping because of her socks and attacks me into a hug!

"OHHHHH HERCULES IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I LAST SEEN YOU! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? ARE YOU STILL WITH THAT LAFAYETTE BOY YOU WERE DROOLING OVER LAST TIME?!" Nanay yells. Everyone in the group bursts into giggles and Laf and I face's turn red. 

Nanay broke her phone and works a lot so I haven't been able to get into communication with her. Her, my mom, and my plentiful siblings all live in Maine so the gang and I took a nice 7-hour plane flight. Thank god the plane ride home is only an hour, I don't think I could stand anything longer than that. 

Once everyone puts their bags down and soon the sweet smell of Manok, Beans, Rice, Turkey, Ham, Collard Greens, and Rollaí fill my nose. Food in my family has always been a bit weird. My biological mom and my sperm donor, a.k.a deadbeat dad are both Irish and my stepmom is Filipino so I've gotten a taste of everything. My jetlag, unfortunately, kicks in at the wrong point and I flop onto my couch. Enjoying the warm feel of the fireplace. 

"Jamie! I've missed you so much! Mrs. Alter, at the nursing home, she said she loved the blanket you knitted for her." Mam said to James he turned red, probably from embarrassment and he muttered a small 'no problem'. 

"I'd hide those friends of yours Hercules if you don't want Braden and Fiona to get them..." Nanay mutters. I urge everyone up the stairs as quickly as possible. 

"Oh, do you have pets?" John asks. 

"No...they're his siblings..." Alex mutters. 

John's P0V

"HERCY! LAFFY-TAFFY! LITTLE LION!" I hear a child scream. I turn around to see a little girl running towards Herc, Laf, and Alex. Awwww. That's adorable.