Back To School

TW: Suicide Mentions

John's P0V

This is weird. Everyone's looking at me, I mean, ever since I transferred here eyes have been on me constantly. But the eyes aren't judging, they're sentimental, which means everyone found out. Great. Just snazzy. I recently got out of the hospital, because of a suicide attempt. I just try to make my way down the hall, avoiding any eye contact at all. I look around for my friends but see none of them, then again, they could be skipping. 

Walking to my first period I see Angelica, she gives me a remorseful look but doesn't say anything. Weird. Once I enter the room I see Thomas, since he's unfortunately in this class. I don't despise him, it's just things have been weird ever since, we dated, then broke up, then the pregnancy, then the hospital. We've just been distant, he was talking with a group of boys I don't recognize. Once he notices me, he says his goodbyes and moves over towards me. 

"Hey Johnny," He mutters, I giggle at my old nickname. 

"Hey, Tommy~" I reply, mocking his tone. He just lets out a chuckle and takes a seat next to me. I look around for anyone else, knowing Herc, Laf, and Eliza are in this class. But to no avail I only see Eliza. Who doesn't pay me any attention anyways. She walks, giving a kiss on the cheek to someone else, and I can't make it out because I can't see their face but the figure grabs her and pulls her in, and that definitely isn't Alex's hand. 

"Hey so are you okay, I heard what happened, you know I was at the hospital and I just wanted to make sure if you were alright because I don't want anything bad-" 

"Tommy, I'm fine, don't worry I have therapy every Wednesday now...so that...that, doesn't happen again..." I whisper. He nods and the bell rings. Laf rushes in at the last minute, but their's no sign of Herc. Laf takes a seat on the other side of me and flashes a quick smile before taking out his journal for this class. I do the same thing, and we're quiet all of class. Weird. 

After class Laf makes a dash out of the classroom but I pull him back. 

"Why's everyone acting so weird? And where's Herc?" I question. Laf's face flushes pale before taking me over to a nearby bench. 

"No one's acting weird, I didn't say anything all of class because I'm failing and my Nana wants me to get my grade up, Herc is out...s-sick," Laf says, stuttering a bit. 

"Lies," 

"Not lies," 

"Oh c'mon, I know Herc isn't sick, his immune system is the best out of everyone's in the group, and you're Nana doesn't give a shit about your grades, you'd get a D and she'd say good job! You also have a B in that class so that isn't a problem either. What's? Going? On?" I say pulling Laf to a janitor's closet since we were getting stares. 

"Okay so, Herc got expelled," Laf spits out very quickly. 

"HE WHAT!" I scream, okay so we're definitely getting stares now. 

"He kinda fought someone..." 

Please don't say it's Alex. 

"Who was it?" 

Please don't say it's Alex. 

"Alex-" 

"DAMNIT! Why?!" I ask. 

"He believed, that um, he was the cause of um, your...thing," Laf mumbles. I nod slowly. 

This was short, bad and a filler chapter. I just needed something to get out.