We Wish You A Merry Christmas...

Peggy's P0V

"Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas?" Maria states, even though it comes out more like a question. I know I shouldn't care about her if anything I should be angry. She left me while I was trying to help her. She hurt me because she didn't know how to care for herself instead of resolving things. I should be pissed.

But it's her. I can't be.

I wrap her in a hug, to which she responds with a small gasp before hugging me back. It's quick though and we both pull apart soon enough. Everyone sees her from the archway and all file into the entry room to greet her. I smile to myself at all the happy and bright expressions.

"Wait, Ri, why are you wearing a Santa costume?" John asks with a laugh.

"Technically, I'm Mrs. Clause and I have my reasons." She explains. "Peggy can I talk to you...alone," She asks. I nod and everyone goes back to the living room leaving us in private.

"Look, I know what I did was bad, really bad, I messed up something we were both working on for months, but I had good reasoning, my aunt passed and I needed time to myself. She meant a lot to me, but of course, you do too! And when I came to the conclusion that I should grow better as a person with someone else by myself and not alone I went to the mall, got a nice little outfit, and came here because I saw on Angie's Instagram that you guys were all here," She finishes.

"Maria are you asking what I think you're asking," I can't hold my excitement any longer, one wrong move and I might-

"Peggy I want to get back together,"

I kissed her, smiling a bit to myself when she kisses back before pulling back to give her another hug.

-

One word.

Christmas morning.

Just kidding that's two words.

After Maria got settled in we all cozied up against the fireplace with hot chocolate and watched Elf. I woke up extra early to ask Mr. D if he could make us a grand breakfast, he told me to make sure everyone was awake so that the food doesn't get cold. It's time to put my three years of junior high band skills to use. I grab some pans from the kitchen to add to the plan and move to the living room. Everyone's exactly as I left them, perfect. I raise the trumpet to my mouth and take a deep breath.

John's P0V

I wake up to the sound of a trumpet blasting to the tune of Last Christmas, thanks, Peggy. There are pans too and I'm 95% sure I'm deaf in one ear.

Groaning as I get up I feel a pair of arms weighing me down, Alexander Hamilton. He's snuggled up against making my face go beet red like I just met him.

"Just one more minute," He whines. I try to wriggle out of his grasp but to no avail, I'm stuck.

Peggy notices my distress and comes over with her trumpet, already getting an idea of what she's about to do I try to alert Alex to get up. Of course, he's clueless and doesn't budge. All of a sudden, Peggy blows the trumpet louder than I've ever heard in Alex's ear. There's gotta be some damage there, he shoots up, angry as ever and looks like he's about to fight the younger sister as he starts chasing her around the living room. Giggles and cheers erupt throughout the group as we all watch the event unfold.

Angie stands in front of Peggy, blocking Alex from being able to reach her. He groans and grumbles in dismay as he tries to reach her. Angie gives him a death glare and he backs off, making his way over to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and everyone starts moving to the Christmas tree due to Peggy's demand.

We all start picking out presents with our name on them and I decide to go for the smallest one in the bunch. It's a dainty little box and Alex's eyes widen once I pick it up.

"Hey, save that one for last, mkay?" He whispers in my ear. I nod and go for another gift, this one being much bigger. I raise my eyebrows in confusion and Alex does the same.

Tearing off the wrapping paper in the neatest way I can, I end up revealing a coffee maker.

"You're gonna need one, I promise," Eliza says with a sweet smile. I thank her and scan the room looking at everyone else.

James is opening one of the presents I got him so I stare impatiently, he finally opens it revealing a knitted scarf with the letter 'J' crafted on it. He smiles and looks around the room before noticing me.

"Thank you, John," he says. I just nod and get back to opening some more gifts.

Alex's P0V

So far, we're all almost out of presents. Peggy opened up pretty much all of her gifts quickly getting a pair of Crocs, some gibbets, a yellow bucket hat, a various amount of earrings, and a bullet journal. Angie decided to take her sweet time so she still has some gifts in the corner but so far she's received a karaoke station, a bunch of shoes, and a new laptop. Eliza got some dainty jewelry pieces, a pair of flats, some scarves, gloves, hats, and a big bag of goldfish. James got a scarf, some gift cards to different restaurants, perfume bottles, and some musical playbills and movie DVDs. Aaron, Thomas, and Maria opened an array of gifts that I just wasn't paying attention too. John got a coffee maker, which I'm hella envious of, and a bunch of cute baby stuff along with a new pair of Doc Martens and countless accessories.

As for me, I just got some gift cards, cute hats, and gum nothing special. I have two more gifts left though.

Speaking of, I decided to open those two gifts one of which being an old-fashioned typewriter that I get extremely excited for from Eliza and this blanket, normally used for dogs, that would calm me down in storms and help reduce my panic attacks, from John. I thank both of them heavily and soon enough we're down to one gift yet.

The gift I got for John.

Once everyone finishes up with their presents and all the packaging mess I pull out the small box John probably forgot about and I feel my heart burst at the cute expression he made when he noticed it. His eyes practically lit up and his cheeks went all rosy. It's adorable. He's glowing.

"Merry Christmas!" I say with a smile and he carefully pulls off the packaging of the box, noticing the small, dainty, gold necklace I got him rather quickly. Inside of the box, that I'm so glad he didn't tear up was also a little note that he pulled out before revealing the necklace to everyone.

John's P0V

I pull out the note inside of the little box Alexander gave me and instead of reading it inside my head, because I have an audience, I decided to read it out loud. They all look at me with bubbling anticipation as I take a deep breath.

"I know how much you don't like rings," I read out loud. He's completely right I don't like rings, they never fit my fingers right and I just don't personally see the appeal. "However, I wanted you to know that no matter what goes on between us I want to stay with you forever, you're my sunshine on a cloudy day and the love of my life, Marriage is a big commitment that neither of us is ready to make, but promise me you'll stay with me?" I finish reading, looking at the necklace in awe.

"So, it's a promise...necklace?" Peggy asks. Alexander nods and I feel my insides gush.

"What do you say, John?" Alexander asks me.

Word Count: 1357