Chapter four

Dib stared at the screen, this was just like a few months ago when Zim had disappeared for a long time and came back and well... That was a thing of the past now, but a thing of the present was Zim was gone again. Zim hadn't shown up for Skool for a few days and he wasn't even showing up on the cameras Dib set up in his enemy's house. Dib had even put one in his bathroom after the last time.

Dib scratched his big head and pouted. Maybe he should go to Zims house and investigate. When he got to the house he took note of the gnomes, they were all toppled over and it looked like someone beat the crap out of them. Dib gulped and continued. He knocked on the door, the peeling paint falling off at the contact. He opened the door which was surprisingly unlocked and looked inside.

It was so much like the first time this happened and it scared Dib a bit, how many more times would this sort of thing happen? Dib shook himself and began to tip toe through the dark, abandoned looking room. The only light was coming from the TV, a broken body of Gir was sat limp on the couch. After close inspection Dib realised Gir was broken.
"What happened to you?" Dib breathed.
"I had to." A hoarse, empty voice mumbled. Dib whirled around and saw Zim leaning against the wall.

Zim looked like a shell of his former self. He stared blankly at the wall and had his arms folded defensively, his dress torn up and greasy with oil. Zim turned to Dib but not meeting his eye.
"Gir had a piece i needed." He claimed. Dib stared horrified at the dead robot.
"What...?" He was so confused.
"Zim needed to have a piece that Gir needs as well, it does not matter. Gir wouldnt be quiet anyway, now he never speaks."
"He's broken zim..." Dib sniffed.
"Zim understands that." Zim wipes at his eyes "Zim just had to try to contact my tallests... they had to be wrong..." Zim slumped down to the floor.

"Wait... What?" Dib began to approach Zim. The tiny Irken seemed to snap back into reality. He stared Dib straight in the eyes and began to growl at him, causing Dib to recoil.
"LEAVE MY HOME DIB-STINK!" He yelled, beginning to tear up "ZIM DEMANDS YOU TO LEAVE ZIM ALONE!" Zim stood up and pushed at Dib's chest. Dib didn't notice the tears running down his face and growled in disgust.

"I ONLY WANTED TO SEE IF YOU WERE OKAY!" He yelled at the already crying Zim. "THIS IS WHY NO ONE LIKES YOU!" He stormed out the house, slamming the door causing the house to shake. Zim fell to his knees and cried harder. He accidentally looked at Gir and began to choke on his emotions. He just wanted to be left alone with his failures to contact the tallests and now he really was alone...

and he hated it.