Chapter fifteen

"ALIENS!" Dib screeched, leaping at the Irkens.
"Oh hi Dib." Zim said blankly, he turned to Skoodge who was clearly shaken up from just getting yelled at by this random kid, he remembered Dib as the kid he bumped into when he first crashed onto Urth "Anyway Skoodge, we were talking about how weird sea animals are, like why do they need lightbulbs on their heads?"

"Zim, I know you're up to something! And I will defeat any plan of taking over Earth you have!" Dib threatened.
"But Dib I don't have a plan, I, Zim, don't have to conquer Urth! My mission... Has been temporarily uhhh put on hold! Yes that's right, my mission wasn't fake or anything, just don't ask questions!" Zim said frantically. Dib stared in confusion.
"I'm sorry, what?"
"Zim's mission was fake, he was sent here a banishment-" Skoodge was cut off by Zim screeching at him.
"Skoodge!! DONT TELL HIM THAT HE IS THE ENEMY." He hissed, Skoodge shrunk back.
"I'm sorry..."
"It's fine Skoodge, beginners mistake." Zim sighed.
"I'm not a beginner i'm a trained Invader, i've conquered 7 planets..."
"Well uh you're a beginner on Urth so yeah."

"Well that was weird, bye space boy and other alien freak." Dib backed away, not breaking eye contact. Skoodge stared at him back.
"That Dib is a... Strange kid."
"Oh, yeah. He's my greatest enemy, stay faaaar away from him."
"But i'm sure he's no match for the great Zim right?"
"Oh yeah- Who am i kidding? It's been years and all my plans have been thwarted by this 14 year old kid." Zim closed his eyes sheepishly.

"But together we could-"
"Forget it Skoodge." Zim hopped off the swing and left Skoodge sitting there. The Irken felt totally useless, maybe he should just go through with phase two already and... No, he would find a way around it! But... was Zim worth the sacrifice of his title?"

"So, did you capture Zim and defeat his evil plan?" Gaz asked sarcastically as Dib brushed past her.
"He's up to something, something so big he brought his little friend over..."
"There's another Irken? Cool i'm going to go talk to him." Gaz ignored Dib and ran off to the playground where she caught sight of Skoodge on the swings.
"I don't know what you're up to Zim, but i won't let you get away with it."