Chapter nineteen

Skoodge's reflection could be seen from the blank tablet. Skoodge quickly shoved it into his Pak and ran to Zim, pulling him off the couch.
"Wh- SKOODGE IM WATCHING SOMETHING!" Zim whined.
"Zim, something bad happened! The Xoriks learnt how to track our locations via our Paks!"
"Tell the Tallests! Quickly!" Zim hopped about in fear.
"...I tried, the didn't answer, so I just asked Navigator Fourth Wall to do it for me!"
"Who?"
"I'm not sure... BESIDES I don't think you're safe, we must build a robot capable of defending this house in case the Xoriks arrive even though I asked them SUPER NICE not to."
"Building robots for a plan? Oh I, Zim, am just great at that. To my lab where we can build an epic robot!"

...

The sound of a wrench smacking against steel echoed about the lab. Zim yelled out in frustration, tugging at his antennae, which probably wasn't helping the fact one was already damaged.
"I CANT DO THIS I SUCK!" Zim wailed, collapsing to the floor again "Why am I so bad at everything?" He wailed, on the verge of tears again. Skoodge, who had been watching closely the whole time as Zim desperately to pretend he knows what he's doing and that he's not on the verge of tears.

Zim had curled up into a ball again, sniffing back tears. His antennae limp at the sides of his face.
"Why am I so defective?" Zim turned to Skoodge. Skoodge sat down next to Zim. "Skoodge why am I so terrible at everything?" Zim cried.
"To be honest Zim. I think you're problem is your attitude."
"My what?"
"You go into these new big things expecting to succeed and when it doesn't go to plan you fall apart." Skoodge shrugged.
"That's uh... A very astute observation Skoodge." Zim's antennae perked. "So what should I do?"
"Well you can start by asking for help? I know a thing or two about robots i'd be glad to help you!"
"Err well... I don't know, I don't wanna."
"Why's that?" Skoodge stood up and stared at the scrappily made robot "I think it's because you're so afraid of seeming weak you force yourself to never let your guard down enough, even to just ask for help or keep trying at something." Skoodge turned and smiled sweetly at Zim.

"Come on let's work on this together." Skoodge handed Zim the wrench back "I'll help you Zim, not just with the robot but... Your whole emotions thing i suppose."
"Why? I haven't done anything to deserve that."
"Because I believe you can be a better Irken with a little bit of help!"
"Oh, well i'll have to repay the favour somehow..."
"Then, I don't know? Let's be friends, best friends!" Skoodge suggested. Zim smiled at the taller Irken.
"It's a deal."