Chapter sixteen

Skoodge's day at school was pretty great, apart from break time. At lunch Zim completely ignore Skoodge and was silent the whole walk back to the base. Inside the house Zim was just sitting on the couch, entertaining Gir. Skoodge was in the kitchen making dinner for them, Zim, and basically every Irken, loved sweet things, so he was making cookies for dinner.

"I made dinner!" Skoodge announced, placing s the plate of cookies in front of Zim.
"I'm not really hungry." Zim murmured, not looking up from Gir. Skoodge felt deflated.
"Did I do something wrong?" Skoodge asked, shuffling up next to Zim. Zim leaned on Skoodge's shoulder, pulling his knees to his chest. Zim's face was red, like he'd been crying a lot, which he had been.

"It's not your fault, I just still can't believe my tallests hate me! Does anyone even really care about me?" Zim sobbed, more tears burned at his magenta eyes.
"I care about you Zim..." Skoodge stroked Zim's antennae. Zim shivered, closed his eyes and fell asleep. Irkens normally don't need sleep but it's good for them nevertheless. Zim's head slipped off Skoodge's shoulder and into his lap. Skoodge pet Zim's head affectionately.
"No matter what, i'll care about you. You inspired me to keep going and be the best invader i could be, I don't think i would of been able to conquer Blorch if it weren't for me thinking about you..."

Skoodge felt his eyelids flutter close but his sleep was interrupted by the ringtone of his invadertech tablet. He pulled it out of his pak and quickly answered it. The caller was unknown and by the looks of it completely anonymous. Raising a nonexistent eyebrow Invader Skoodge accepted the call.

For a few seconds it was only static, then there was a triumphant snort and the caller hung up.
"That was... Odd?" Skoodge sniffed, Zim's antennae twitched and Zim opened his eyes.
"What was odd?" He whispered.
"Oh nothing." Skoodge shrugged, Zim then realised he was lying on the other Irkens lap and shot up, trying to hide his face blushing in embarrassment.

"Do you want dinner?" Skoodge held out a cookie for the other.
"Y-yes please. Your cooki-cooking is very go-go-good." Zim stammered, snatching the cookie and gobbling it up.