Chapter thirty five

"This sucks Gaz we should of stayed on Earth." Dib pulled twigs from his black hair. His sister Gazlene took no notice of him and kept swinging on the tree branch above her brother.
"I wish they had video games here." She said blankly.
"Video games? In the monkey enclosure at a space zoo?"
"Yeah, they should invest in that."

Dib and Gaz had been put in the monkey enclosure at Kiera's space zoo along with actual chimpanzees and also this one blob of fur that screeched occasionally, Dib wasn't sure how that classified as a monkey but he didn't get an answer for it. They'd been there for an hour and Gazlene had already picked fights with every monkey except for blob~monkey. No one messes with blob~monkey.

"I hope Zim and Skoodge are alright, these guys reeeeaaaallly hate Irkens." Dib admitted, climbing up the tree after his sister.
"I wish we could get out of here, not just out of the zoo but all five of us go home to Earth without worrying about the Irken armada or Xoriks coming in and murdering us all." Gaz crossed her arms.
"Yeah..." Dib sat on the branch next to Gazlene.

Suddenly there was a gross slushing sound and when they turned to their right Dib and Gaz saw blob~monkey staring at them with its peanuts-for-eyes-no-it-seriously-has-two-peanut eyes.
"Siskwjsnejksnsksnssjksksjfjdj." It gurgled.
"Uh huh." Gaz and Dib nodded.
"Hsksnrienejejueib?"
"We're ready to discover the truth!"
"Lakslsjdjrktjkrkrneke!"
"Can you be trusted?"
"no."
"Great!"

They hopped off the tree branch and followed blob, who get this ISNT A MONKEY, to an area of the enclosure that wasn't sandy like the rest. It was a square of solid marble.
"Usnsjksjdjdkdndj."
"Okay, i'll try to lift it up!" Dib exclaimed, pulling at the marble square, he had learnt a lot about lifting heavy things when he was getting into good shape after being fused to a chair.

With a huge heave Dib lifted the marble square to reveal a dark pit. Blob slid right into it.
"KSKSKKEKENENEJEJ!" It demanded, Dib and Gaz hung at the edge of the pit. Then the voices of zookeepers sounded near them.
"THEYRE ESCAPING! GET THEM!"
"Tally ho!" Gazlene yelled and jumped into the seemingly never ending pit.

Dib balances the pros and cons. If he stayed here he might of missed his last window to escape but if he left he might fall into a trap and splatter on the ground and die. But the cons immediately were thrown out the window when he heard the voices grow closer.
"I hope I can trust you blob!" Dib yelled, leaping into the pit, dragging the marble square back over them as he fell.