Chapter thirty four

Standing at the bars of Zim and Skoodge's cell was A tall, white Xorik with a crown made
of a shiny blue material, stained with a red substance and long, golden wings. She looked at the two Irkens with interest.

"Oh it's not a bad time at all!" Skoodge helped Zim onto the bed and ran up to greet the Xorik.
"My name is Guardian Kiera. And you?"
"Skoodge, ex-invader of the Irken empire." Skoodge added the last part to make himself seem less threatening to them.
"I have heard much about you from my dear Relic and her brothers Roxt and Iep." Kiera tilted her head "...You said ex-invader... Is that not the invaders uniform you don?" Skoodge looked down self consciously at his greasy Invaders dress.
"Well... Zim and I had our invader ranks stripped over the phone so it's not like the tallest could force us to remove it."

Kiera nodded understandably.
"I have heard that you do not call you or your friend a threat, am I correct?"
"Zim and I are... Defective, outcasts of the Irken empire. The tallest hate us."
"Well the thing is, not only can we track you via Pak we can record your conversations... A robot to kill us off, a plan to topple us?" She raised her voice accusingly.
"The robot was only for defense, and my rank wasn't taken yet. As for the plan, that was Zim, he wasn't thinking straight. We only wish to be left out of this."
"Guardian Tessa wished for that too."
"I am... Aware... Look." Skoodge leaned close to Kiera's face "All i'm asking is to not hurt Zim, yes i know you've probably heard about his tantrum when we first arrived but please... Leave him out of this at least!" He whispered so Zim couldn't hear.

Kiera's eyes shifted to the ground. She stared at one of the tiles for a few seconds.
"I must leave to go ask your robot pal some questions, goodbye Irken ex-invader Skoodge." She said coldly. Skoodge slunk back to the bed to comfort Zim again, who was sniffling back tears and wiping his eyes clear.