Chapter forty five

"Just down this tunnel." Dib instructed, shoving the marble square out the way. Relic nodded and shimmied down. Then she began to fall, she squealed in surprise before thudding onto to ground that led to the cave where Guardian Tessa and Irken Reboot lived for many years.

Relic rubbed her bottom as she stood up. Gaz and Dib slipped down behind her and the three approached Tessa's throne. Relic stared up at it in amazement.
"I'd never thought I would see that beauty again yet here I am." Relic breathed. She clutched the Guardians crest to her chest and followed Dib and Gaz to see Tessa.

Tessa was Relics biggest inspiration and being the first Xorik in years to see her again made her feel privileged and honoured. Sitting atop the throne was in fact Guardian Tessa yet she looked thin and frail. In her arms was the actual Irken who came to invade Ather. Invader Reboot, he was small with long antennae that curled into hearts! How adorable! On the floor was the little robot like Gir, except they were broken in half. Seeing them made Relic uncomfortable and saddened.

"Guardian Tessa." Relic bowed, Tessa's eyes flickered open as well as Reboots.
"Oh Relic, my dear it has been so long..." Tessa greeted warmly.
"T-tessa, you remember me?"
"Of course how could I forget my biggest fan?"
"Biggest... Fan?"
"Don't act so surprised dear! Don't think for a second I didn't read every single one of your letters, I wish I could've written back but alas..."
"You're a busy woman, I understand." Relic smiled warmly, remembering the letters she sent Tessa telling her about how much she admired her and about her day too. As a kid Relic waited and waited for a letter back but... It never came.

"We brought back your stupid crest thing." Gaz said.
"Human! That's hardly appropriate!" Relic snapped.
"Oh ho ho, don't be so harsh Relic dear, it's all in good fun!" Tessa laughed.
"...Yeah, sure." Gaz said slowly.
"So you have my Crest?" Tessa turned back to Relic hopefully. Relic presented the sparkly Guardians crest out to her hero.

"Splendid!" Tessa clapped. Reboot slid down to the floor and, putting one of his gloves on the other hand so he had two gloves on one hand, picked up the crest and carefully tossed it up to Tessa. As the guardian applied the crest to herself Relic cleared her throat.
"I uh have a question?"
"What is it dear?" Tessa asked.
"Why was I able to hold the crest?"
"Well it's obvious? Is it not? You're my daughter Relic!"