Chapter forty two

There were gasps and murmurs as Relic held the Guardians crest in her hooves. Her eyes widened as she waited for it to burn her like fire or sting her like nettles but she felt fine. She inspected her wings, despite them being a pure white like every commoner Xorik hers glinted gold. A sign of a Guardian Xorik. Everyone in her life told her she's crazy when she pointed it out. That she was trying to be special as there was no way she could be a Guardian. Neither Tessa or Kiera had children! But here Relic was...

There was no time for pondering now.
"Humans! Where is Tessa?" She asked desperately.
"We'll show you!" Gaz yelped and the three sped away. The only ones on the platform now was the Tallest and Jim who were still in the guillotine, Kiera who was laying on the floor in defeat, and Zim and Skoodge. Zim walked over and slowly nudged Kiera off stage where she was caught by the Xoriks below.

"Let's get the Tallest out of here." Skoodge said, Zim shrugged and walked over to them. All three had their heads bowed.
"Are we dead yet?" Purple asked.
"Uhh no..." Skoodge muttered "Zim just saved you?"
"ZIM?" They both yelled at the same time.
"Yes? Zim is here?" Zim said suspiciously. Skoodge began to sweat, he can't let him find out about Phase two!
"Soo you didn't do us a favour and complete phase two?" Red grumbled.
"No? Why would I do you a favour?"
"What's Phase two?" Zim cut in the conversation "Skoodge, you came to Urth just to hide me... Right?"
"OF COURSE!" Skoodge began to sweat more, can Irkens even sweat?

"Oh my Irk." Purple giggled "She doesn't even know about phase two!"
"Go on Skoodge! Since you're soo close that you can't even complete a simple mission you tell Zim about phase two!" Red laughed.

Zim looked at Skoodge, befuddled. Skoodge placed a hand on Zim's shoulder.
"Listen Zim, I was on the massive when I overheard you were in danger. Soooo I went to the Tallest and told them I wanted to help out. They ordered me to go to Urth to hide your location so you wouldn't be found out because if you were captured they believed you would of snitched. But there was a second part to that plan..." Skoodge looked away in shame.
"What is it Skoodge?" Zim was beginning to get frustrated, being left in the dark.

"I was supposed to kill you, that was phase two."