Chapter ten

"Wow." Skoodge tilted his head, Zim's lab was absolutely trashed "What are all these they look... Uhm fascinating." Skoodge poked at some burnt machinery.
"Just some experiments, i tried to make a machine to contact the tallests but... They all blew up in my face... Well no matter BECAUSE IM USELESS!" Zim cried out, slamming her fist on the failed machines. Skoodge winced as Zim fell back to floor again.

"Zim... Are you crying?" Skoodge gasped when he heard a sobbing noise come from the curled up Irken.
"N-no... Zim isn't... Crying..." Zim turned to Skoodge with tears pouring out of his eyes.
"You are clearly crying Zim, let me help you up." Skoodge tugged at the short invader for her to get up.
"Come on Zim, where are the devices that are tracable.." Skoodge pleaded Zim to make this easier for him.

He had to admit if this were anyone else he wouldn't of been as patient with them... But he had well, a crush on Zim since they were Smeets. But Zim was always so tough and out of his league, she intimidated him. It felt like a fever dream seeing Zim so distraught and helpless. He never imagined he would be dragging his crush along her lab floor trying to save her life!

"Is this traceable?" Skoodge asked, kicking this random device he found on the floor.
"Probably, blow it up." Zim shrugged
"...I'm not gonna blow it up."
"You should."

Skoodge sighed, he'd been at this for hours and he'd just been stomping random machines until they were just a few bits of scrap metal with wires poking out. It was getting boring but he had to do what he had to do to protect his crush from the Xoriks.

"Hey... y'know when people always talk about you they say 'she's crazy thinking she can be an invader being so short' but i always thought you would be the greatest invader if the tallests gave you a chance..." Skoodge tried to spark a light conversation. Zim shifted uncomfortably.
"It's been awhile since someone called me 'she'... Once i landed on Urth everyone called me 'he' and it just felt more fitting!" Zim admitted.

"Oh..." Skoodge stopped to think about what Zim said for a moment.
"I-i don't know if it's 'allowed' though, don't tell my tallests! Or any Irken for that matter!" Zim flushed. Skoodge smiled a little.
"It's okay Zim, I won't tell a soul." Skoodge promised. Zim exhaled in relief.
"Thank you so much Skoodge!" Zim exclaimed.

"Do you know what that's called though? Being born one gender but you're really another?" Skoodge raised a non existent eyebrow.
"No, it's a real thing? And not just me?" Zim gasped.
"Yeah! It's called being transgender! It's pretty normal you're not the only one."
"Woah..." Zim stared at Skoodge admiringly "By the way... Did you mean it when you said I would of been a good invader?"
"Oh! Of course Zim!"

There was something weird though... Skoodge was suprised, even after coming out as trans... Skoodge still had a massive crush on Zim...